Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. flat colour T-print fail... light, cloud bands across it.
    By Bispham in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2017, 02:30 PM
  2. wrist band printing
    By tiamaria in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-03-2015, 11:04 PM
  3. Ricoh 3110 Light Print issue
    By Justin in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-10-2014, 09:18 PM
  4. printing methods for band tshirts?
    By soulclaimed in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-09-2012, 02:38 AM
  5. Sports Arm Band printing
    By bms in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-03-2012, 12:10 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

light band printing at start of the print

Hey all

So I was having problems with my Ricoh 3110DN printer laying too much ink no matter what I did so in turn laying track marks down the images, which would mostly only show after I pressed the image. I tried dropping the opacity down to 90 and it helped a bit. So I decided to try and investigate further and followed the instructions for sublisplash as that is the ink I use. I installed their ICC profile and set photoshop to perpetual and went into the color settings and set the RGB to sublisplash etc. I set the printer itself to ink jet paper as it said. Now to the issue, it prints fine no issues just the right amount of ink but now its printing a light colored band at the start of the print. No matter what image I put no matter if I put it down the page whatever the print starts to print first it prints part of the image light than the rest and then continues on as normal.

I am using reveal S paper for printing as well. Any tips would be great. As I am pulling my hair out after months of tweaking and losing stock, money and time

Thank you

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sounds like blocked nozzles - what is your nozzle test pattern like? Have you tried head cleans?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Sounds like blocked nozzles - what is your nozzle test pattern like? Have you tried head cleans?

I did do a head cleaning this morning like I do most days before I start. The weird part is I was printing before I changed some settings and it was not doing it now it is

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nozzle test print out all clear

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Surprised you're getting track marks when using a Ricoh as usually the tracking marks from the paper feed rollers (pizza cutter wheels they are often called) occurs on Epson printers. Ricoh printers uses an electrostatic paper feed which holds the paper in position so I swas not aware of the pizza wheel rollers being used...

Anyway, on to you problem... the issue may well be being caused by the paper or coating on the paper being very soft. On an Epson printer when this issue occurs it is usually down to the particular paper (we get it on our Subli-Fabric High Release paper - which is similar to S-Race) so do try changing the paper just to see if it helps.

Alex