Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Issues with colour reproduction.
    By ScotTs in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-11-2019, 03:24 PM
  2. Colour issues
    By johna1954 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20-11-2017, 12:26 PM
  3. colour issues
    By mfacer in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-04-2017, 09:52 AM
  4. Colour issues with mugs
    By julia in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-01-2017, 06:34 PM
  5. Colour issues
    By Quinsfan in forum Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ICC and colour issues

Hi all, pretty new to this so I am sure you have all had these beginner issues and I am looking for some assistance/advice.

Bought a starter kit including paper/press and printer. straight away we carried out the process of purchasing an ICC profile, it was a disaster with no greens being printed at all and lots of other colours being wrong. we purchased a second ICC from the same company and to be honest we get slightly better results when we dont use it.

so my question is, where can I get an ICC that will guarantee me the right pressed colours. without the ICC the colours are incorrect but certainly darker, with the ICC the colours are closer but only after using saturation or burn in PS, and the colours are much faded.

We are using an epson printer, photo shop and pre cut mug paper. Any advice would be much appreciated. We now have our first order in and I cant even manage to get a correct red which I though would be simple as its a primary colour but it just turns out orange.

TIA

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using the profile correctly. Sounds like you are using profiles in both the printer and Photoshop.
    Not 100 % sure about Photoshop because I don't use it , but there should be something along the lines of 'let the printer handle colours' for you to check. This turns of the PS profile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    More importantly, what brand of inks are you usinv, and who did you buy your system from? Most ink suppliers provide FREE ICC profiles.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    More importantly, what brand of inks are you usinv, and who did you buy your system from? Most ink suppliers provide FREE ICC profiles.
    Whoever is making the ICC needs to sublimate / heat press the printed colour swatch sheets you supplied to them before they scan it to generate the profile. Also you must print said swatch sheets using a program that will disable all colour management as PS no longer allows this. We use Adobe ACPU to print the colour swatch sheets for ICC profiling.

If the above have been done correctly the profile should be generated correctly. Following that its down to the setup of the software / printer settings.

If you are using PS you need to select Photoshop Manages Color, then select the specific ICC from the drop menu below. Set your printer to the settings you use to print the swatch sheets (usually Epson Matte / High Quality), lastly ensure you turn off the printers ICM color management. If this is not done you end up with the ICC and the printer fighting to decide what colours to use.

Alex

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Are you using the profile correctly. Sounds like you are using profiles in both the printer and Photoshop.
    Not 100 % sure about Photoshop because I don't use it , but there should be something along the lines of 'let the printer handle colours' for you to check. This turns of the PS profile.
    hi thanks for the reply. at first we just used the ICC and 'let the printer handle colours'. we just dont get the right colours. at that stage we tried adjusting the settings in ps and got some improvement. Its photoshop that handles the ICC the printer has no colour management.
    thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes I think this may be the issue. I think we need to order inks from somewhere else. didnt realise that inks differed so much. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we are using an old version of PS CS2 which allows us to disable all colour management. We followed the instruction to produce the swatch sheets to the letter. The ICC company supplied adobe software for us to generate them so PS had no influence and we had disabled all printer management.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PamC View Post
    yes I think this may be the issue. I think we need to order inks from somewhere else. didnt realise that inks differed so much. thanks
    All dye sub inks are different also each printer model applies ink in a different way so an ICC for an Epson XXX model can't usually be used in a YYY model. We supply specific ICC profiles for each printer package we do so it matches up the ink, paper and specific printer model.

Inktec Sublinova is widely regarded as being the best ink on the market, we have specific ICC for the following Epson models - ET2600/2650, ET-14000, ET-2710/2711, XP342/352, WF2630, WF7610, WF7710, WF7110, WF7210, 1500W, 1400, SCP600 and a few others.

Alex

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PamC View Post
    we are using an old version of PS CS2 which allows us to disable all colour management. We followed the instruction to produce the swatch sheets to the letter. The ICC company supplied adobe software for us to generate them so PS had no influence and we had disabled all printer management.
    That side of things should all be fine then, I would assume the ICC supplier heat pressed your images when they received them. We heat press onto white ally sheets then scan to generate the ICC. If you didn't mirror image your swatch prints then I would say they have not been scanned post heat pressing.

Alex

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brilliant however at the moment we are using a XP257 :(