Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Which A3 Pigment printer should I get
    By GoldRapt in forum Printers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-05-2015, 07:54 PM
  2. pigment ink vs sublimation ink
    By marek in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 01:10 AM
  3. Pigment Ink Silly Question
    By Chunk in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-05-2014, 05:30 PM
  4. A3 Pigment Ink Printer
    By RoyLittle0 in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-02-2014, 02:17 AM
  5. What Pigment Printer?
    By soulclaimed in forum Printers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 12:08 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pigment ink problem!! Please help!

Ok to start, I know this isn't related to dye sublimation. But I'm tearing my hair out with this;

I am having a repeat of an issue i had a few years ago now, where I'm printing full colour, and the black is coming out sort of matt looking and not properly fixed to the page, and rubs off and easily scratched off. Another thing I've noticed is in a certain light it is reflective and looks silver?!

I'm using an Epson 1500w inkjet, cis with pigment inks from city ink express, onto self adhesive inkjet glossy vinyl from photopaperdirect. I havent changed profiles / printer settings at all for a long while. I was having this issue with pigment black back in 2015 when using different inks in my set up so on recommendation went back to using cie inks which till now have worked perfectly, haven’t had an issue.

Just wondered if anyone could throw any light? As far as I know nothing has changed in my print settings/ machine set up so I was pointing the finger at either the cie inks having changed somehow (but don't appear to, still using inks labelled pigment and they've since confirmed its impossible ink has been labelled incorrectly) or, the photopaperdirect vinyl inkjet media I buy has maybe changed (glossy self-adhesive vinyl paper). I've asked them if that's possible awaiting a reply.

But just in case you can immediately think of anything else that might be causing the symptoms I mentioned?

ANY thoughts help or things to try greatly appreciated as I'm desperately needing to create existing orders backlog.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My suggestion, and probably the cheapest option, would be to souce some paper from another supplier and see if you get the same result.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but therein lies a problem. I researched heavily in my business's first couple of years and could only ever find one supplier of *vinyl* inkjet media (best for being water-resistant), photopaperdirect. Other suppliers are paper based self-adhesive media.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a use by date on the ink?

With unbranded ink their is not a cast iron guarantee that the supplier hasn't sourced their ink from somewhere else. Maybe CIE have done that. If they have, in fairness to them, the new ink might be every bit as good as the previous batch except for the use you are putting it to.