Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New business Tshirts
    By Amandavc in forum Clothing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2017, 03:36 PM
  2. Business Rates for Home Based Business?
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-02-2015, 11:28 PM
  3. business name
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 16-10-2014, 02:39 PM
  4. What kind of a business is your business
    By John G in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27-01-2011, 07:46 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Established business seeks new owner

Clubmugs (clubmugs.co.uk) was established in Belfast in 2012. It is a design-driven dye-sublimation business focusing exclusively on mugs. Following a recent move to France I am now seeking a new owner. Skills required to take the business forward would include design aptitude and familiarity with Photoshop, Squarespace and the dye sublimation process. All designs are .psd files and the full e-commerce website is content managed on the Squarespace platform.

I have been running Clubmugs part time alongside my commercial photography business and average in excess of 10,000 mugs per year based on repeat customers only. Margin per mug is approx 1.50 per unit. I am seeking offers in the region of one year's profit.

As well as the website and client base, assets include the IP of designs produced over six years for clients in the UK & Ireland plus two hundred football hero designs plus other scalable gift mug designs.
    All kit is currently stored in Belfast including three domestic ovens, 48 silicon wraps, a four month old printer, single mug press and unused flat bed press plus up to 500 printed samples and sellable football gift mugs plus miscellany. I don't consider the kit the key part of the sale as it is fairly old in the main, rather the good will, design IP and website, but it is available. As part of the package I would offer several days training and handover.

Advertised locally initially, negotiations with two enthusiastic potential buyers in Belfast both failed. They did not have any dye sublimation experience and were ultimately daunted by the prospect of learning the process from scratch and backed out. Myself and my partner were very grateful for the help we received from many members of this forum when we were starting out in 2012, so I thought I would post the opportunity here to see if there was a discussion to be had with anyone already versed in the production process.

In the event I am not able to sell the business whole, I would consider offers for the IP and files of the gift mugs currently for sale online.
    In the first instance, please contact Margaret at hello@clubmugs.co.uk or PM myself through the forum. I am open to a conversation or offer. Clubmugs is a strong if small established business and it seems a shame to let all the work and potential go to waste.
    Thank you
    Margaret O'Hare

Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi Margaret, thanks for your post. We do ask that anyone selling on the forum gives an idea on price or at least a guide so if you could indicate this I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Justin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Justin - I've indicated I'm interested in offers in the region of one years profit / 10,000 units at 1.50 margin per unit, or 15,000.00.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    My apologies, I mis-read this, many thanks.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!