Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2019, 12:19 PM
  2. Sold Epson P600 A3+ Sublimation Printer with refillable carts
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-03-2019, 07:32 PM
  3. FOR SALE - Epson Surecolor SC-T5200 Inkjet 36" large format printer (parts only)
    By artygirl in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-02-2019, 01:16 PM
  4. Epson SC-P600 custom ink set RIP
    By jacekoj9 in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-09-2015, 07:36 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Epson SureColor P600

My Epson P600 is displaying the following error message: Ink is too low to change the cartridge. Replace the cartridge.

I have refillable cartridges, and the small light corresponding to the PK cartridge on the printer's frontal display is showing an exclamation mark. I have refilled all of the cartridges and replaced them, but to no avail. Please help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Although you might have a refillable cart the chip might not be auto reset so the printer thinks it is empty still. Perhaps talk with the inkexperts.co.uk guys who are also on this forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the obvious?
    power off and remove cartridge
    reinsert and power on.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some reset chips won't reset if the ink level gets too low

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REDQUASAR View Post
    My Epson P600 is displaying the following error message: Ink is too low to change the cartridge. Replace the cartridge.

I have refillable cartridges, and the small light corresponding to the PK cartridge on the printer's frontal display is showing an exclamation mark. I have refilled all of the cartridges and replaced them, but to no avail. Please help!
    Hi,

We see this a lot.

The problem with the auto reset chip (ARC) is how they reset, and how the printer alternates between black ink lines.

An ARC will only reset when it hits absolute zero.
    If it is taken out and topped up at say 10% capacity, it will still read at 10% when it is put back in the printer.
    Only when the cartridge reads at completely empty will the level go back to full when it is topped up and put back in the printer.

Keep this in mind for the next section...

The P600 Matte Black and Photo Black ink lines are shared, and when the P600 prints it uses only one of these blacks.
    -- The Photo Black for gloss/satin/pearl prints,
    -- The Matte Black for plain/matte/fine art papers.

When you switch between these paper types the printer switches which ink is in the black printing line.
    To do this it has to pump all of the previous ink out of the line, and replace it with the other ink.

This uses a lot of ink.

If you happen to switch from Matte Black to Photo Black when the matte black ink is reading at 25% or lower capacity, the printer will not allow you to switch back as there is not enough ink in the cartridge (according to the chip) to flush the line out.

Now with the original point about the ARC in mind, it will not reset until it hits absolute zero, and this can no longer happen while the printer has switched to the other ink.

To rectify the problem the matte black ink would have to be put in another printer and used until it hits absolute zero, taken out, topped up and put back in the machine.

The other solution is to use another matte black cartridge to switch the lines over. Once done reinstall your old matte black and use it until it hits zero.

Hopefully that makes sense. It does in my head, but that's not a place many would call normal lol.

All that said, if your printer is being used for sublimation which black ink you use should make no difference.
    Both the matte and photo black tanks use the same ink and so no matter what type of print you are doing you can set your printer to matte or photo black ink and use it for all of your prints.

Hope this helps.

Christian

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Christian

that is such a great answer. I had a vague notion that the problem stemmed from the way the P600 switches inks, so I experimented, shortly after submitting my original post, and switched my printer settings from glossy paper to matte, and, hey presto, it worked! Moreover, I only use my P600 for sublimation, so, as you point out, the problem I outlined is no longer really an issue. However, your answer is so comprehensive and easy to understand, that I am sure it will prove to be absolutely invaluable to other forum members, because it's content is preventative as well as curative. Also, because of your answer, I now understand the anatomy of my printer a lot more, which is never a bad thing.

Thank you, InkExperts!!

Mick

7. The Following User Says Thank You to REDQUASAR For This Useful Post:

InkExperts (11-07-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks UK Printed Mugs. Your input is very much appreciated. I don't know if you use a P600, but, if you do, please refer to the answer furnished by InkExperts. I'm sure you'll find it very informative.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mrteajunkie. Yes, I tried all that, and thank you; your input is very much appreciated. I don't know if you use a P600, but, if you do, please refer to the answer furnished by InkExperts. I'm sure you'll find it very informative.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Pisquee, your input is very much appreciated. I don't know if you use a P600, but, if you do, please refer to the answer furnished by InkExperts. I'm sure you'll find it very informative.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to REDQUASAR For This Useful Post:

InkExperts (01-07-2019)