Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. should i keep epson R3000 or sawgrass printer
    By cigilgan in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2017, 05:52 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-09-2017, 04:33 PM
  3. Sawgrass ditched Epson?
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-01-2015, 10:11 AM
  4. Issue with Epson 7890 using sawgrass inks
    By Photomouse in forum Printers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 01:56 PM
  5. ICC Profiles, Epson 4880 & Sawgrass SublijetIQ
    By David B in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-06-2011, 05:24 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New guy, Epson vs Sawgrass yadda yadda

Hello. I am interested in starting up some small-run and personalised printing to supplement my business. I know several guys in my industry who have failed in this venture, and now it's my turn to do likewise.
    I am armed with a little information and some big ideas; your favourite combination.

I need an A3 format printer, so that I can sublimate larger designs on canvases, bags etc as well as the standard t-shirts, mugs and coasters.

(I am also keen to try this new EasySubli vinyl product, and I mean to buy a plotter regardless, but that's not my query)

It seems my choices are to buy a Sawgrass SG800, or an Epson ET-7750 - and change the inks out for Sublimation inks. Someone else recommended the ET-14000, but not having WiFi is a drawback.

The cost saving of the Epson conversion routeis attractive. I read that the eco-tank models are less hassle than the older cartridge style.
    (I actually owned an ET-7750 for a while last year for photo printing, good bit of kit, but I returned it as it wasn't what I needed at the time.)

What would be your recommendation?
    Is there a more compelling Epson model on the market?
    What is the proper conversion procedure/ink to buy for the Epson (in the UK)?
    What's the minimum one can print without clogging the print heads?

Thank you for your time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are new then you cant go wrong with Sawgrass SG800. When you get more experienced you can start playing around with epson and refillable carts but by then you will know if you have viable business. Best to have no hassle setup and straight to printing quickly and easily wiith free sawgrass support in our opinion.