Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Adkins studio - old edition manual
    By vibcol in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-09-2017, 11:43 AM
  2. Pneumatic Mug Press
    By bfos in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2016, 10:24 PM
  3. For Sale Adkins Beta Maxi (20x15) Manual SWING PRESS
    By enkaFG in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2016, 03:28 PM
  4. Entry level manual pad printers
    By 3twenty6 in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-06-2013, 06:55 PM
  5. Epson B1100 printer troubleshooting service manual
    By Heatpressuk in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-05-2013, 11:43 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Manual or Pneumatic ?

Logobear have been using Adkins beta maxi for over 25 years, - a great press, - we have a few so can always keep a few going at any time.
    BUT - need to get another press or two ....
    Now more choices
    The idea of Auto open apeals, especially for long press times.
    With more media types, - the Hotronic Air Fusion IQ has lots of pre-sets, so can advise user on correct times etc for inexperienced users
    ALSO - has a counter, handy if doing a long run .... but expensive .... really expensive!

Pressmech get great reviews, and Adkins is the devil we know .... with pnueumatic & manual options.

We have never used Pneumatic, and some days do 300+ units, - not getting any younger .... but never felt opperator tiredness, thou there can be different interpretations of light and heavy pressure depending on opperator.

Any experienceses or ideas?
    thanks
    phil
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am pretty much in the same boat as you but...

Adkins packed up about 8 months ago, I grabbed a cheapo from Signworld while my Maxi was being fixed. It cost £200 ish I think. When I got the Adkins fixed I was so impressed with the cheapie that I still use it today. Machine is an auto open, and does 400-600 presses a week. It even handles WOW and T-One which you know is the mother of all tests for heat press machines LOL

Auto open on a machine that is not bolted down is a bit scary.

I have been looking at this machine for a while as I think it might be a good investment....

https://signzworld.co.uk/shop/microt...er-heat-press/

My biggest concern about the hotronix "computer" style press is because I print hi vis I would be really concerned about the dust getting into the circuit boards which I imagine would be very expensive.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never used a pneumatic press, or an auto open, but one thing that concerns me with either is the sublimation transfer jumping when the press opens. I like the control that a manual opening press gives.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (01-07-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Never used a pneumatic press, or an auto open, but one thing that concerns me with either is the sublimation transfer jumping when the press opens. I like the control that a manual opening press gives.
    I've never used one either pw66, but that's a good point you make. They may be fine for HTV, but I'm very careful when separating my sublimation prints from their substrates as the slightest horizontal movement can ruin the print.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Auto open are a problem with Sublimation as they jump up. You HAVE to have them bolted down. Having said that, mine isn't bolted down, the guy that bangs out my hi vis vests often lets it auto open without any issue (you should see the press jump :-)), but if I am sublimating there is no way I would let it auto open because of the fear of ghosting.

Pneumatic are very different as they are a controlled lift and actually better than manual.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

pw66 (01-07-2019), webtrekker (01-07-2019)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We love PressMech - Dickie does do pneumatic ones - a single (£2275) and a dual platen £2775)
    May be worth giving him a call, and see if you can nip down the M1 to demo them both, and see if he'll sell you direct instead of through a dealer?
    http://www.pressmech.co.uk/online/in...ategory/view/1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have a a pneumatic but I do have a auto open swing away which has saved me a ton of time as I can start getting the next garment ready whilst it presses.
    I don't have it bolted down as a) it is huge and weighs in the region of 90kg. and b) it works on gas operated springs so opens really smoothly. sometimes as it opens and swings away the paper sheet moves with it and I had it once smudge a sublimated t-shirt so I try to remember to come back in time to keep hold of the handle to stop it swinging when opening.

has 45 programmable settings so real useful for when people helping out and has a counter for presses that session.

definitely not the cheapest and was way bigger than I expected, probably should have read the dimensions properly as had to modify the desk that it sits on to get it to fit and not slam itself into the wall!
    https://www.xpres.co.uk/p-9279-sefa-...0cm-xpres.aspx
    Graphtec CE6000-60, Sefa Rotex Pro Auto Open Swing, Galaxy Mug Press Pro, Epson P800 with sublimation inks, Ryonet Screen print setup