Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Printers vj628 v f6200
    By Yozzer in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2019, 07:47 PM
  2. Recommended sublimation paper for Epson F6200
    By Forrest in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2017, 11:07 AM
  3. Epson L110 color adjustment (solve)
    By bshadown in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-03-2015, 04:50 PM
  4. color settings
    By ADP in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-03-2013, 08:05 PM
  5. Missing color with Epson s21
    By sapprinting in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Epson F6200 Color Shift

We have always used Epson 7880s converted to use sublimation ink, however we have switched over to Epson F6200s about a year ago. I thought that the color would hold better on the F6200's since they are made for sublimation, but the drift is way worse on them. It seems completely random, the color could hold for a month or two, or only for a week or less. With the 7880s the color would gradually shift over a few months but with the F6200 the color will dramatically change from one day to the next, or start drifting way faster than with the 7880s. Does anyone have any experience with this way too frequent color shift on the F6200's?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How often are you reprofiling the printer?
    How often are you using the bottles/carts in terms of thier use by date?
    Who's ink are you using?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would usually re-profile about once a year. This happened pretty soon after we originally profiled the printers(2 printers with a different profile on each), having to re-profile these printers monthly seems crazy to me if that is what's necessarily. Don't get me wrong if that is what's necessary please tell me so. With the 7880s we didn't need to even do that(re-profile), we could just adjust the the RGB raster curves under color transforms in Wasatch. The 7880s' color wouldn't drift far enough out to require adjusting until after around 4 months of extremely heavy use, and even then they wouldn't have gone as far off as the F6200s do(sometimes overnight). I would imagine that we would be using the ink bottles before their use by dates, but honestly we haven't been checking that closely. Although I just went out and checked all of our unopened ink bottles and none of them are beyond their use by date. We are using epson ink.