Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Thinking of changing CK print head on my Roland SP300i
    By Ravisteam in forum Wide Format Temp Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-04-2020, 07:03 PM
  2. some transfers still fading big time after 1st wash
    By paul 44 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-10-2016, 09:16 PM
  3. tmt oki white garment wash test
    By guarddog14 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-04-2014, 10:36 AM
  4. screen wash for plastisol ink
    By Paul in forum Screen Printing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 02:38 PM
  5. wash removable garment decoration
    By logobear in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to email over a nozzle check to Sean after i've cleaned it a bit more. He said a head wash might help and will talk me through it. He said he sees problems with black a lot, as it doesn't get used much. i have black in a lot of my designs but I guess it uses a mix of colours and not pure black. He mentioned the range of ink that he sells and that it includes a warranty on the machine if i change to their ink, which seems too good to be true.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He mentioned the range of ink that he sells and that it includes a warranty on the machine if i change to their ink, which seems too good to be true.
    Its not, pretty much all third party ink manufacturers on large format printers have to offer a warranty otherwise no one would buy their inks. I use his inks and I have never had an issue with them at all.

He is super helpful so hope you get it sorted.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed over the images to Sean who then emailed them over to an engineer. Sean seems to be a sales guy and just guessed at things I think, as the engineer said not to bother doing a head wash with the carts as it doesn't work and to not bother trying to soak the head in nail varnish remover either, which is also what Sean suggested. The problem with the black will likely happen again in 3 or 4 years, so will need a new head. I can't keep paying £2k for a new head every few years, surely printers should last longer than this, especially when they self clean. The engineer said the bigger printers like Versacamm aren't any better and i'll have the same problems. I've managed to get the other 3 colours to come out perfecly in the nozzle check now, but the black shows little improvement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didnt say which inks, there are 3 versions of Rolands Ecosol, 2 & 3 dry quicker and have more reported problems than the original version 1 which is still available and the only one I'd use out of the three. You could bite the bullet, replace the head with it flushed through to then take the original ecosol inks, I think your less likely to have the same problem again if you did that but only my opinion. The head is DX7 a much higher quality than the bigger models with DX4, it might be slow but quality wise they are hard to beat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I'm using the original eco sol max inks, worried they'll discontinue them and I will be forced to change. I've nearly run out of cleaning solution that came with the printer, where do you all buy more from? I've found some large bottles, which say they are for flushing but then the engineer said not to bother doing that. I was going to see if I can put some solution in a container or lid and sit it under the head for a few hours, so soak it that way? I'm likely filling up my waste tank too by pouring solution is the capping station and they cost a lot to keep replacing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about flushing never done it. Regarding the waste containers, I remove the screws, throw away the insides (in a strong plastic bag without holes) and either install a refill pad or cut up foam washing up sponges from lidl and line with them. The original inks are the best, you could try replacing your capping station, that might help with cleaning process, certainly wont hurt and if it's never been done it would be needed after fitting a new head anyway. You could try the soaking idea after that as there is then little to loose.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleaning fluid, I bought a bn-20 cleaning cartridge and cracked it open, pierced the bag and poured it into the bottle it was better value than buying bottles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know on the Bn-20 you can use it as just a cutter and I do this for one type of vinyl, but can you put off cuts in rather than the full roll everytime to avoid wastage? I will be researching cutters more at the weekend, as there seem to be a lot of desktop type ones out now with the Cameo, Cricut and brother and Roland do ones too, but would rather not buy more equipment. I would like to offer some of the fancy vinyls though like glitter etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can cut your media down into thinner widths/ strips but it doesn't do offcuts like some other cutters. It cuts glitter okay if necessary but again not offcuts.

Mark