Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Heat press advice please
    By Inset in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 10:20 PM
  2. Heat press & mug press bundles - advice needed
    By Kubicixfactor in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 12:00 AM
  3. Plate heat press advice?
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-04-2016, 10:16 PM
  4. Advice on Heat Press
    By peapod in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 02:10 AM
  5. advice on this heat press combo
    By gavgav in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 23-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice on heat press

Hi, I am looking to upgrade my cheap heat press in order to begin sublimation. I can spend up to £800 and have seen this one which has the features I'm looking for, however it doesn't say who it's made by.

https://www.isub-supplies.co.uk/auto...0x50cm-a3.html

Would anyone know the origin of this press and whether it's any good?

Many Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a chat with them, they are a nice company to deal with, it looks like a generic chinese machine, have you used one with a slide out tray ? You are near enough to visit TMT in Luton, who have a large range, might be worth physically seeing something before you buy. Personally I would go with a named machine with less features over a cheaper machine with whistles and bells.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your budget sits in the middle. £800 isn't quite enough to get a quality press. There are plenty of rebadged Chinese presses with a western brand name on from £500 - £800, but a real 'quality' press starts at about £900 + vat.
    Not necessarily anything wrong with Chinese, but warrenty tends to be short and spares not always available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrs Maggot thanks for your reply, I will have a look at TMT. I haven't used one with a drawer before but assume it would be easier to position clothing, particularly hoodies, which I've struggled with in the past. Do you have experience with a slide out tray?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    Your budget sits in the middle. £800 isn't quite enough to get a quality press. There are plenty of rebadged Chinese presses with a western brand name on from £500 - £800, but a real 'quality' press starts at about £900 + vat.
    Not necessarily anything wrong with Chinese, but warrenty tends to be short and spares not always available.
    Yeah I thought as much. I'm reluctant to go all out before I know if I can make any money with it, It's a bit of a leap as I've only worked with vinyl up till now. I've also been looking at this one made by Adkins, which I believe is a reputable brand. Would you say it's a better better bet than the previous one I linked to?

https://www.xpres.co.uk/p-8248-studi...0cm-xpres.aspx

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PressMech currently on Ebay ... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233295316868?ul_noapp=true
    Looks in good condition, and at a bargain price

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Pisquee, make them an offer to cover your fuel, and go for it, make a day of collecting it, and perhaps see some suppliers at the same time.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pressmech is about as good as it gets, if you have room for a swing away. Any spares needed and the guy who made it is at the end of the phone.
    If business doesn't work out then you will get most of your money back if you sell the Pressmech.

Adkins are a good brand, but that is a rebadged Chinese press - very good quality but I would prefer the used Pressmech any day of the week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for sharing your wisdom, I have much to learn! I will have a think about the Pressmech and discuss with the other half whether he fancies a trip to Staffordshire, think he might just to stop me talking about equipment.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PressMech are very easy to secure to a pallet if you want it shipping - easy to just cable tie the base, or there are screw holes in the base that you can use too - we've done it both ways, and not had problems.
    Dickie, at PressMech, as mentioned, is always at the end of the phone, and very friendly and knowledgeable about his machines - has talked me through various repairs over the years (from buying broken/damaged ones cheap!) but is also very reasonably prices on repairing them himself too (we've shipped bust ones to him and he's gone over and above in repairing them)