Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Who is your Courier of choice?
    By wilde-one in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 13-04-2018, 04:25 PM
  2. Ricoh sg3110dn ink choice
    By 59viper in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2015, 04:34 PM
  3. heat Press choice
    By kermit in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-06-2015, 02:04 PM
  4. Opinions on my Printer/transfers/ink choice
    By Blame in forum Printers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 11:54 PM
  5. Making the right choice!
    By danlad in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 23-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Printer choice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printer choice

Hi all,

looking for a sub printer so can add more to my print range i currently do.. im mainly doing acrylic and canvas's atm..

however looking at adding slates and probably a few other bits to this.

Now, where im stuck is printer choice...

i want as good colours as possible as i currently run a epson 9900 with 10 channel inkset.

So im thinking atm either:-

from epsons delightful range.....

p600
    p800

ideally want a roll fed machine.

Which would you guys suggest?

Im leaning more towards the p800 machine as gives me the greatest flexibility on roll sizes. I have room for a 17" model at the moment but nothing bigger so not looking for a 24" or anything..

as i understand it, the p600/p800 would run same inks ( correct me if im wrong ) and so does he 4880??

however, i have the option of getting a used 4880 - i like the fact i can use auto cutter for running sections off.

I do have a good client base to make this worthwhile going this size however im a little skeptical on 4880 as it has stood for a while so im concerned about a major head issue and trying to clear it so wondering if the p800 would be a better choice... especially being a newer printer.

Is one better than the other quality wise? And print speeds on either machine - how do they stand upto medium print useage?

Thanks all.

Ryan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Maybe one of the @InkExperts team will pick up on this. They are very knowledgeable.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Thanks webtrekker!

All the printers mentioned would produce excellent results for sublimation. We supply for the P600 currently but we are looking to start supplying for the P800 as well.

i would also be leaning towards the P800 as it will give you the benefits of the additional size as well as easier sourcing of paper on rolls as 17” is far more common than 13”

all the printers mentioned use be same inkset. The Inktec Sublinova Smart inks utilising 2 channels of BK (for PK and MK), LK, LLK and the usual CMY LC LM.

if you were interested feel free to message me as I have stock of P800 refillable ink cartridges and the inks. We would also be able to work with you to create the icc profile to suit the setup.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 213533 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    .uk

10% discount on Sublimation Supplies for Dye Sub Forum Premium Members

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InkExperts For This Useful Post:

razerphotographic (28-07-2019), webtrekker (28-07-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Alex,

i shall probably give you a ring and have a chat :)

i was aware of the dual black being only one type instead of the usual 2...

ooh interesting regarding the p800 cartridges / inks..

i shall give you a shout over next few days when i get chance! :)
    Thanks!

Ryan

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razerphotographic View Post
    Thanks Alex,

i shall probably give you a ring and have a chat :)

i was aware of the dual black being only one type instead of the usual 2...

ooh interesting regarding the p800 cartridges / inks..

i shall give you a shout over next few days when i get chance! :)
    Thanks!

Ryan
    No problem Ryan! Give me a shout as and when I am sure we can sort something out for you if you decided to go the SCP800 route :)

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    | 01902 213533 |
    .uk

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is the P800 similar to other Epsons where the photo/gloss black is only used when you select gloss type paper? So, for sunlimation, you could just use the Sublinova DTI01 standard black ink in the matte black channel, and then just head cleaning fluid in the photo black channel and save some money???

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    Is the P800 similar to other Epsons where the photo/gloss black is only used when you select gloss type paper? So, for sunlimation, you could just use the Sublinova DTI01 standard black ink in the matte black channel, and then just head cleaning fluid in the photo black channel and save some money???
    Hi Pisquee, yes the P800 like the P600 printer uses two black channels (PK and MK)

Personally I set mine up on PK this is because the printer is set to PK from new so it saves time and ink having to switch to MK ink. I run both PK and MK channels with Inktec DTI01 black ink. I suppose you could run cleaner fluid through one of them but for the cost of an extra bottle of ink its not really worth any risk in running a none ink fluid through that channel.

Our P600 setup was done using PK channel selected and the ICC profiles were made in this way, I know if customers switch to MK channel (either by mistake or choice) the printed results do alter.. which is odd considering they both run the say ink. I always recommend to leave the P600 on PK ink; it saves time and money switching from MK to PK and as the printer was setup in this way it gives the best results. I just select Glossy Paper when printing rather than Matte Paper.

I will be setting up the P800 in a similar way.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    | 01902 213533 |
    .uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quick update on my printer dilemma....

After a great chat with Alex last week, Im going to be ordering a P800 shortly hopefully.

And giving it a good test run with carts & profiles etc.

When talking with Alex, it convinced me more than I already was that the p800 was going to be the sensible option. Not only does it give me the greater inksets for slates and photo products, it gives me the greater choice of paperstock options. From 17" rolls or paper depending on how I fancy running it.

I shall probably run both combo's.

I shall post any updates as and when I can.

Hoping to have the printer here end of August so can get set up and settled for christmas.

Thanks,

Ryan

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razerphotographic View Post
    A quick update on my printer dilemma....

After a great chat with Alex last week, Im going to be ordering a P800 shortly hopefully.

And giving it a good test run with carts & profiles etc.

When talking with Alex, it convinced me more than I already was that the p800 was going to be the sensible option. Not only does it give me the greater inksets for slates and photo products, it gives me the greater choice of paperstock options. From 17" rolls or paper depending on how I fancy running it.

I shall probably run both combo's.

I shall post any updates as and when I can.

Hoping to have the printer here end of August so can get set up and settled for christmas.

Thanks,

Ryan
    Great speaking with you last week Ryan, we are ready when you are just give me a shout as and when. Also to follow up about you enquiry for sublimation media on rolls we have placed an initial order with a supplier for the following sizes 8.5" (for A4 size printers), 12" (for A3 size printers) and 17" (for A2 size printers)

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    | 01902 213533 |
    .uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We've been using P800 for over 6 months and although it isn't perfect it is certainly the best below 24".