Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson Stylus Pro 7880/9880/11880 Size
    By pisquee in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-08-2018, 11:32 AM
  2. Epson Stylus 4400 ...for sublimation
    By Ravisteam in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-01-2017, 07:55 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 17-12-2015, 03:52 PM
  4. Sold Epson Stylus Pro 4400 - 17"/A2 Sublimation Printer
    By pisquee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-03-2013, 05:10 PM
  5. Sold Epson Stylus Pro 4000 (17"/A2 printer)
    By pisquee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-01-2013, 01:40 AM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Epson Stylus Pro 11880 - 64" wide sublimation!

I've finally done it!

Bloody hell, I didn't think it would take this long of having these printers and getting them up and running - If I'd realised I may not have bothered, but glad now I did.

At first we got a 'cheap' refill cart set from China (Ali) that you have to take the original Epson ships off their carts, and install them under a small circuit board on the refill cart - after many attempts I couldn't get this working, and gave up. Don't get this type, as I wasted so much time on it.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3261...7e334c4dTDK84t
    The 9600 printers we currently have in play, the refill carts just work, so it's been an eye-opener how easy life has been with 9600 models which just keep plodding on regardless!

Eventually, I came across this system:
    https://www.easy-inks.de/en/shop/ref...ro-11880?c=834
    Which is much more pricey, but as it uses actual Epson carts and chips it seemed more likely it was going to actually work, and I liked the idea of the big tanks, although it did remind a bit of going back to an Epson 1400 with CISS, just on a much bigger scale!

To get the first system working, we needed Epson carts, and the first printer didn't come with a full set (some were compatibles) so we got another printer cheap on Ebay just for the carts!

In all the time of faffing trying to get the cheap system working, the Cyan channel/head buggered, and wouldn't print, even after being flushed through with cleaning solution and soaked over night etc, so the "spare" we bought for the carts being in storage elsewhere had survived, and so this was put into use instead.

With memories of using CISS with small printers many years ago, and the dirty fingers, ink splashes on clothes, and spillages on the floor, this was no different but on a bigger scale, including overflowing a waste tank I hadn't realised I'd reset ages ago, but not emptied!) and a line from the CISS tank not been fully mated at one the joints. Also, on the first printer, one night, it decided to dump all of the cyan tank of ink, through the head and onto the floor, after it was left soaking on a paper towel of cleaning fluid!

This one now has a slight fault on the yellow head, where some of the photo black ink is coming across into it, so in the end, I've filled the photo black channel with yellow ink too, and flushed through, so that you can't tell. We we select Matte papers in the print driver, the photo black won't get used, so won't cause a problem. If this problem hadn't been there, I would have that channel filled with cleaning fluid.

So, after what must be a year at least of faffing with these printer, and one bust (although I may get round to getting a screw driver in there to get the head and dampers out to see if replacing the dampers and flushing the head through manually clears the problem.) We have a working 64" sublimation paper along with our 64" rotary press!

Just need to get InkTec to ship us some 64" rolls of their paper, and get all our the ICCs redone.

Here she is, with a spare 92cm width roll we had in the warehouse
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

Dan-yorks (03-08-2019), Mrteajunkie (02-08-2019), pw66 (03-08-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well done, but can we see the picture of you splattered head to toe in sublimation ink?!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol, it's more the floor and wall behind the right of the printer ... The blue hardboard on the floor covering a lot of the spillages!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This was me today - ICC profiling the printer - 5 different fabrics (satin, linen, velvet, FR velvet, canvas), along with aluminium (1000 swatches per profile!)

Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my what a big one I love colour swatches and would quite happily have cushions made up from them.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.