Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Office Colour laser printer
    By Jason in forum Hardware
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-02-2019, 01:14 PM
  2. Tax Office GRRRRRRRRRRRR
    By jennywren in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-11-2015, 12:29 PM
  3. new office what yours look like
    By daddykev in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23-01-2015, 10:45 PM
  4. Epson Stylus Office WF7015
    By twinsgran in forum Printers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 21-11-2012, 09:39 AM
  5. fumigating office in house
    By bigj2552 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM

Thread: Office mugs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Office mugs

I apologise in advance but im new to all this and i'm going to try keep this generic. As some of you know i've just bought the bits to start dye-subbing mugs (hasnt arrived yet). A friend has been in touch asking if I could do some office mugs for him with the company logos on and employee names - i'm sure you get the idea.

Now, he's by no means at the top of the tree in this HUGE company, however, he's supplied me with the logos so I can start mocking-up some ideas. Is this a copyright/IP infringement? Whilst I obviously don't have a licence as such to create and sell items, does copyright/IP apply in this case as someone from the company has asked for them to be made? These wouldn't be for sale/advertised to the general public.

Just trying to find out the info before I get into this tricky area.

Many thanks.

QJ

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    IANAL but I would side with your view, that as far as you are concerned, someone from said company, acting for and on behalf of that company, has given you an order and supplied you with artwork.

Now, it becomes a bit more hazy if you haven't got a paper trail showing that you actually have an order from said company - make sure he sends you the logo from his company email address, with instructions on what he's asking/wanting you to do as a minimum.

Ideally, you want a Purchase Order (with PO number) from his company, and for your invoice to be in their system - this not only helps cover you in terms of the use of the logo etc, but also that you might actually get paid!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t worry about it!
    a company isn’t going to drag you through a court for a few mugs with staff names on!

if you were selling say Coca-Cola mugs on eBay then that’s a different ball game, but a few mugs private sale to staff I wouldn’t worry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I was thinking. Just wanted a bit of confirmation.

Thanks.

QJ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure you keep his email where he sent you the logo - a good paper trail is always the way forward. The only other thing I would say is if you are ever asked to put something rude or defamatory on a mug which has a company logo on, be careful, as a joke of a leaving gift from one employee could be taken badly by the company involved.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs maggot View Post
    Just make sure you keep his email where he sent you the logo - a good paper trail is always the way forward. The only other thing I would say is if you are ever asked to put something rude or defamatory on a mug which has a company logo on, be careful, as a joke of a leaving gift from one employee could be taken badly by the company involved.
    This could be bad if they want a nickname, personally I would do anything with a swear word or similar.
    Imagine you make a mug with a logo and the name chalky on it but when passed out the person that receives the chalky mug has no idea of his nickname and finds it offensive and takes it to HR.

not that this is your problem at all as you have just filled the order requested but it wouldn’t look good if it comes back on you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MrTea, you have just put exactly what I put, but used my post as if it was advising they did do it ?? confused.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol sorry just re read your post I read it wrong 1st time around.
    I thought you meant keep a trail if you put offensive things on a mug.

I was a little confused as to why you would say that