Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-01-2019, 10:14 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 31-05-2018, 10:11 AM
  3. Please recommend an A3 printer for sublimation
    By gazfocus in forum Printers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-06-2017, 06:23 PM
  4. Which Printer & Ink would you recommend ...
    By PersonalizedGiftz in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 02:12 PM
  5. Recommend a Printer
    By jay in forum Printers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recommend me a budget A4 printer please.

my epson wf-2630 is playing up, just over a year old, so i need a new printer.

i just do the odd mug, vector art not photos, a4 paper, so really does not need to be anything too fancy just so long as i can get refillable cartridges for it.

i dont really need fax, scanner, tea maker etc just a printer.

the epson also drove me mad by continually hassling me that my paper didnt match, my cartridges were wrong and my t shirt didn't match my shorts last Wednesday etc etc so if the printer is less of a bully than an epson that would be cool.

anyone suggest a decent no frills under 100quid workhorse for me?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Epson 2600 for under £100 on ebay. I have a couple of 2650 's which are very good, only difference is a screen. Inktec SubiNova ink in the eco tanks, brilliant clean reliable option.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    As Justin said the ET2600 is great, as is the ET2711. If it were me I'd be buying another WF2630, its worked well for you up until now, you have the experience of using it ans its a great printer for sublimation overall so would make sense in my book to go with the same printer.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 213533 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    .uk

10% discount on Sublimation Supplies for Dye Sub Forum Premium Members

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Ricoh 3110dn is playing up, lines on the print and I keep wasting ink cleaning the heads to make not a lot of difference!!

so now looking at epson... the 2600 would be good? No cartridges just their eco tank. Can someone explain that? Just 4 tanks you fill with the ink? My dad is a bit confused about this and where do we get the ink �� I said any sublimation ink supplier!! Been looking at the ink tec sublinova inks mentioned above (for the Ricoh as well), but not sure if I’ve found their site or someone else’s ����*♀️

We also have the oki white printer but have a sublimation slate to press and are unsure if the oki cpm paper will work on the slate...

its all enjoyable when it works smoothly, lol lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TQfan View Post
    Our Ricoh 3110dn is playing up, lines on the print and I keep wasting ink cleaning the heads to make not a lot of difference!!

so now looking at epson... the 2600 would be good? No cartridges just their eco tank. Can someone explain that? Just 4 tanks you fill with the ink? My dad is a bit confused about this and where do we get the ink �� I said any sublimation ink supplier!! Been looking at the ink tec sublinova inks mentioned above (for the Ricoh as well), but not sure if I’ve found their site or someone else’s ����*♀️

We also have the oki white printer but have a sublimation slate to press and are unsure if the oki cpm paper will work on the slate...

its all enjoyable when it works smoothly, lol lol
    I wouldn't give up on your Ricoh so easily. I know you said in another post that you were having problems after not using it for 2 months. Did you have your printer switched off during that time? Ricoh's, and most printers for that matter, are best left switched on 24/7 in 'eco' or 'maintenance' mode where the printer runs occasional head cleanings to keep the nozzles clean and the ink flowing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I wouldn't give up on your Ricoh so easily. I know you said in another post that you were having problems after not using it for 2 months. Did you have your printer switched off during that time? Ricoh's, and most printers for that matter, are best left switched on 24/7 in 'eco' or 'maintenance' mode where the printer runs occasional head cleanings to keep the nozzles clean and the ink flowing.
    no, not been on like that, I didn’t know you could do that, but was talking with my dad and said we should do the maintenance on the heads every now and again to keep it working. Just need to get more ink, lol!!
    I did manage to get the design printed using different paper and no lines appeared, so not sure if that meant it was a paper issue, even though I’ve been using that paper the whole time. It did print one section slightly the wrong colour (not an issue for this design), so I’ll keep doing the head cleaning, must be a little bit that’s a bit dry, not sure how else to fix it, other than head cleaning?

Thank you :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Epson 2600 for under £100 on ebay. I have a couple of 2650 's which are very good, only difference is a screen. Inktec SubiNova ink in the eco tanks, brilliant clean reliable option.
    Hi. It's an interesting post. Just wonder how the process is to convert the Ecotank to a sublimation printer. It seems any Ecotank can be converted just by using sublimation ink. The issue is that I don't know how to sort it with the ICC profile. It seems it's based on type of printer, type of ink and type of paper. Is there an easy solution?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Ecotanks are simply tanks on the side of the printer that hold the ink instead of using carts, basically an inbuilt CIS system
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. When you bought your 2650s, did you buy them in a kit, or separately and bought everything else (ink, icc profile) separately?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I bought mine separate and then got inks from InkExperts.