Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

InkExperts

Similar Threads

1. Something wrong
    By jack73 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-11-2018, 10:45 AM
  2. What am I doing wrong
    By Miffmiss in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-02-2015, 07:06 PM
  3. can someone tell me where im going wrong
    By george in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 10:33 AM
  4. I must be doing something wrong.
    By Earl Smith in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-02-2014, 12:48 PM
  5. What am I doing wrong?
    By twinsgran in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 23-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InkExperts View Post
    Ok, looking at your printer settings the drivers are not installed fully.. you have the bare bones Windows driver rather than the full Epson driver. Without the full driver you cannot follow the colour management setup guide. i.e there is no advanced area to turn off the printers icm to leave the icc in control of the colour.

I would say that is the main issue here. Teal / aqua colours are notoriously tricky to get right and will print out blue'ish until heat pressed. Without the icc working they are really hard to get right.

To install the driver correctly you can download from the Epson website here -

I imagine as you've setup on WIFI Windows has just 'installed' the printer, which is fine in most cases for regular printing but with sublimation full drivers are required for setting the icm / icc and also setting the paper / quality settings.

Last thing would be to check the temp and time. I press mugs at 175c for 180secs. I start timer from closing heat press and removing when 180 secs expire.

Alex
    You're right, I simply installed the windows driver when I added the printer. I'll install the Epson driver and give it a whirl.

Thanks.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    You're right, I simply installed the windows driver when I added the printer. I'll install the Epson driver and give it a whirl.

Thanks.
    Cool, I have edited my post to include the link.. forgot to put it in originally, its showing in my original post on page 1 :)

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 213533 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    .uk

10% discount on Sublimation Supplies for Dye Sub Forum Premium Members

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, I have edited my post to include the link.. forgot to put it in originally, its showing in my original post on page 1 :)

Alex
    What's your opinion on the matte versus glossy paper setting?

Thanks.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't make much difference to be honest I have always set my printers (and my guides) to be Epson Matte and Best / High / Photo Quality.

When using our Subli-Fabric HR paper we do recommend slightly different settings - Plain Paper, High Quality, High Speed Print OFF.

I have never found much difference between glossy or matte paper choices. In reality they just tell the print to feed the paper slower and print a better quality really.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    | 01902 213533 |
    .uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't make much difference to be honest I have always set my printers (and my guides) to be Epson Matte and Best / High / Photo Quality.

When using our Subli-Fabric HR paper we do recommend slightly different settings - Plain Paper, High Quality, High Speed Print OFF.

I have never found much difference between glossy or matte paper choices. In reality they just tell the print to feed the paper slower and print a better quality really.

Alex
    Ok, thanks.

Just having a few issues with Photoshop since I've installed the Epson driver. The app crashes instantly when I press print now so just surfing google for solutions.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Had that with my CS6.. its an issue with CS6 and Windows 10. Only way I fix it is to open PS (no document open) > Edit > Preferecnes > Genral > Reset Preferences on quit

Close PS, reopen PS, open document > print > save

This saves the new print preferences / printer selection etc

Its a real pain, not quite worked out why but it appears to be a glitch between the OS and PS and Adobe wont admit to it so nothing online about it.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    | 01902 213533 |
    .uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had that with my CS6.. its an issue with CS6 and Windows 10. Only way I fix it is to open PS (no document open) > Edit > Preferecnes > Genral > Reset Preferences on quit

Close PS, reopen PS, open document > print > save

This saves the new print preferences / printer selection etc

Its a real pain, not quite worked out why but it appears to be a glitch between the OS and PS and Adobe wont admit to it so nothing online about it.

Alex
    Oh I see. I did it the hard way before reading your message. Reinstalled PS and seems to have done the trick. Now printing with all the settings correct. Strangely enough the 'No colour adjustment' option was already selected.

I'll let you know how the press turns out.

Thanks.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Yep, often the driver will automatically select no colour adjustment when an icc is selected in PS. Not always the case but often is.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    | 01902 213533 |
    .uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, often the driver will automatically select no colour adjustment when an icc is selected in PS. Not always the case but often is.

Alex
    Thanks for all your help (you too giraffe). It's not perfect but it's pretty darn close to the colour on screen.

Here's the before and after: https://ibb.co/wC66ftL

Cheers guys.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Thanks for all your help (you too giraffe). It's not perfect but it's pretty darn close to the colour on screen.

Here's the before and after: https://ibb.co/wC66ftL

Cheers guys.
    Good to hear Rusty.. it should be about 90-95% in most cases with sublimation :) glad I could help matey! And thanks for the custom and support!

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    | 01902 213533 |
    .uk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExperts For This Useful Post:

Rusty (16-08-2019)