Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. adkins studio one users, your thoughts please?
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2019, 05:35 PM
  2. For Sale Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By GoonerGary in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-11-2014, 01:09 AM
  3. Adkins Studio Mug Press
    By GoonerGary in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-09-2014, 10:25 AM
  4. Adkins Heat press - But you must be bloomin quick!!!!!!
    By socialgiraffe in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-07-2013, 01:54 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quick questions for adkins studio mug press users?

new jacket in a reconditioned unit supplied by adkins, ran 12 mugs through last night using the listawood specified times of 180/180 for 11oz a grade durham and had blurred/soft images on the side of the mug that when in the press faces the handle.

did some searching and reading up after, lots of great info on here, and came back at it today with more pressure and 20s less time. still have the same issue but it is less pronounced.

however i notice that when i remove the mug the paper (trupix) is noticeably more browned/scorched on the side of the mug that is blurring.

i wondered if it could be that i'd put too much pressure on as thats the side the clamp pushes into but yesterday with much less pressure but 20s more time it was more pronounced so i'm wondering if there is more heat on that side of the jacket.

can anyone tell me if thats normal or not?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The pressure of the blanket should just curve around the mug. Medium pressure.

If your paper is scorched, the temperature and times are too high/ long. The image can blur if the blanket is too loose, or the mug has been pressed for too long.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm at the point of giving up on mugs. It's all just too temperemental to achieve consistent quality. I'm on my last box of mugs now and then it'll be on to other products. Never wanted to get into garment printing, but totes, aluminium, keyrings, and other flat-pressed items seem to work well for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve had cheap Chinese presses for years, temperamental things, but never have I had this hence the question. I’ve also noted that I’ve had 4 mugs out of 15 or so crack, all on the same side of the press. I’m going to check it out tomorrow with my laser temp gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I always found mug presses a faff but is since changing to an oven really haven't looked back. Still not switched on any of my 3 mug presses since getting the oven.

Sounds like a blooming advert!

The Adkins is the only press I'd entertain so stick in there, maybe have a chat with Adkins direct or Xpres technical.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Justin what oven did you move to and would you say it was viable for singular mugs (such as samples)?
    Last edited by Justin; 18-08-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Blizzard convection oven. Yes you can do one offs, obviously it's not economical from an electricity point of view but you do get a perfect result every time, close to the handle, full top to bottom.

It's the one we discussed at length here:

https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforu...light=blizzard
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gavtheoldskater View Post
    I’ve had cheap Chinese presses for years, temperamental things, but never have I had this hence the question. I’ve also noted that I’ve had 4 mugs out of 15 or so crack, all on the same side of the press. I’m going to check it out tomorrow with my laser temp gun.
    If they crack/ ping in the press, there's too much pressure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    turns out it was the jacket, adkins sent me a replacement and with no effort or settings alteration it works perfectly, so much easier than any of the cheap chinese ones i've had in the past.