Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. New t-shirt supplier
    By P8785 in forum Clothing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2018, 03:03 PM
  2. T-shirt supplier wanted
    By Oakey76uk in forum Clothing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-02-2018, 03:40 PM
  3. T shirt supplier
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-10-2016, 11:22 AM
  4. T-Shirt Supplier - Who do you use?
    By Justin in forum Clothing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 24-09-2013, 10:51 AM
  5. T Shirt Supplier for Small Orders?
    By mikeoooze in forum Clothing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    That may well be for the brands but the likes of Prestige and Pencarrie wouldn’t need to move stock back and forth through the WTO as they mainly sell to UK okay maybe Ireland but mainly UK. Or are you saying that Gildan, Fruit of the loom or AWD plus the others will not ship to the UK large quantities but the bare minimum just in case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All distributors keep stock of the main lines - Fruit of the Loom Valueweight, Gildan 5000 etc - but as Socialgiraffe said they rely on just in time delivery from the brands for the rest. UK isn't the main/only port of entry into the EU for most brands so it needs to be imported. From conversations I have had with suppliers regarding 'out of stock' lines they tend to get a couple of deliveries a week from the major brands - hence the '5 day availability' quantities they show on their websites.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    All distributors keep stock of the main lines - Fruit of the Loom Valueweight, Gildan 5000 etc - but as Socialgiraffe said they rely on just in time delivery from the brands for the rest. UK isn't the main/only port of entry into the EU for most brands so it needs to be imported. From conversations I have had with suppliers regarding 'out of stock' lines they tend to get a couple of deliveries a week from the major brands - hence the '5 day availability' quantities they show on their websites.
    If that has always been the case then what is different? Not sure what you are saying.
    Someone mentioned Brexit and Social also asks what is different.
    You have said that the companies are only holding what they believe is necessary which, how I see it, is what they have always done.

Ralawise place an order with Gildan let’s say 1000 t shirts, Pencarrie order 1500 & Prestige 1800 plus some other firms place 2000 between them. 6300 total. Gildan send 6300 to the UK. Where is there stock to move? How would Brexit effect it as the stock comes from Asia, mainly, or if it is in a European warehouse already just send what is required as they most probably have done for ever and a day.
    Maybe I am seeing this to basically and as economics, movement of stock is not my thing there are more complicated issues.

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    If that has always been the case then what is different? Not sure what you are saying.
    Someone mentioned Brexit and Social also asks what is different.
    You have said that the companies are only holding what they believe is necessary which, how I see it, is what they have always done.

Ralawise place an order with Gildan let’s say 1000 t shirts, Pencarrie order 1500 & Prestige 1800 plus some other firms place 2000 between them. 6300 total. Gildan send 6300 to the UK. Where is there stock to move? How would Brexit effect it as the stock comes from Asia, mainly, or if it is in a European warehouse already just send what is required as they most probably have done for ever and a day.
    Maybe I am seeing this to basically and as economics, movement of stock is not my thing there are more complicated issues.

I decline to answer this any further, because it is going off topic, other than to say that we are potentially moving out of the worlds largest free trade area to become an independant nation ( again potentially ) to be subject to WTO rules. That means that garments will be subject to 12% tariff when moving into or out of the country - which will have cost implications for the suppliers if the stock is the wrong side of the border. That isn't an economic leap of faith, just a simple statement of logistics.

We will just have to except that not everything will be available on a 24hr before noon basis.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

Brant (29-08-2019), socialgiraffe (29-08-2019)