Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Epson ET-2711 and ET-14000 Test Results
    By InkExperts in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-06-2019, 03:29 PM
  2. Printing blue but purple on mug
    By chrisnameit in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-01-2018, 10:37 AM
  3. purple printing/transferring as blue!
    By spongerobinson in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 14-11-2013, 03:43 PM
  4. Blue coming out purple
    By danzab in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 11:10 PM
  5. Why is my blue a dull purple?
    By Robert in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:58 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue printing out purple - Tried everything I can think of :( ... New Epson ET-2711

Hi there everybody,

So I am registered on here for my neighbour, Sarah, as I am a techie I have a slightly better understanding on a few technical bits and Sarah is just starting out...
    So both of us are kind of very new to the Dye Sublimation world.

So Sarah bought a printer on Amazon from Ink Experts - An Epson ET-2711 complete with Sublinova Smart Inks and Ink Expert A4 paper this included the ICC profile as well.
    Epson ET-2711

Now we installed the ICC profile and tried various programs to print out pictures. Some come put brilliantly but if there is too much blue/turquoise it comes out purple.
    I have scanned a few forum post and followed the advice given.
    We were using just Windows to print and found out that even though the ICC profile was installed it did not print blue but dark purple. In fact it came out darker than the Epson profile.
    We played around with the Magenta and Cyan levels and then the brightness but could not get it right.
    We tried Gimp and loaded the ICC profile that didn't work.
    Then I finally found out that Gimp is not that easy to use on a post here and everyone seems to use Photoshop.
    So I installed that. (I was trying to keep it simple for Sarah before throwing her in the deep end with Photoshop).
    Then I took the same picture applied the correct settings i.e. Photoshop manages colour, chose the Inktec Sublinova Icc profile. Matte Paper, Epson Colour Management off.
    And it still came out purple instead of a bright turquoise and deep blue. (Sorry I forgot to take pictures - if they're still about I will try to get it added to this post).
    I am really at my wits end here. We are just wasting loads of Dye Sub paper, ink, coasters and mugs trying to get the colour reproduction correct on the Blue.

We will be happy for something that is as clsoe as we can get. It does not have to an exact and perfect match.

Would anybody be able to help me out please?
    It'd be greatly appreciated .
    Thanks
    Lee
    Last edited by DyeSubNewbie; 29-08-2019 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some details

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing is the colours on the paper are nothing like the screen colours and also the final colours are not seen until you actually press an item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Buy cheap polyester fabric for test prints so you're not wasting products.
    either you have the wrong ICC, or you're not using it correctly ... Can you post screen shots of Photoshop and printer driver settings. Also when you said you were using the idc just in windows - where was this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DyeSubNewbie View Post
    Epson ET-2711

We played around with the Magenta and Cyan levels and then the brightness but could not get it right.
    Everything about your post suggests that you are designing and printing ( in Gimp/photoshop) from a CMYK workspace. You need to change to RGB. Although your printer uses a CMYK inkset it is a RGB device.

When you change to RGB you will probably need to adjust your colours using the RGB sliders.

Alternatively if you are adjusting the CMYK sliders and brightness in the printing preferences then you shouldn't be - you are bypassing your ICM.. You need to select ICM and tick 'no colour control' in the 'Advanced' tab.
    Last edited by pw66; 30-08-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning, hope this info helps, or if anyone can add onto this with the right knowledge.
    Having the same issue here where i am printing a blue logo and its come out as purple. Using ET-2650 printer, Ink Experts paper and ink, and mug press from MDP. 190deg for 180 sec and mug going in the press from cold/room temp. Im printing the logo from Photopad. The image on the screen is a nice bright vibrant shade of royal blue. But the first print came out onto the paper as purple. Knowing the colour on the paper doesn't mean it will end up exactly the same on the mug i gave it a try on an old unwanted mug, yep,,, came out purple.

So next, when i went to print, i chose Preferences - More Options - Colour correction (Custom) - Advanced - Then chose ICM under the colour correction options.

The printer then printed the image out blue, but not the same bright vibrant royal blue that is on the screen. It was a touch darker.
    I printed onto a mug and its still a touch too dark compared to the image on the screen. Its not bad but its not perfect, i still want to get it right.

Ive not adjusted any of the colour sliders as i dont think i should be needing to play around with these settings each time i want to print something blue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You need to install the correct ICC profile for your ink brand and use that when printing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah Yeah, I thought I'd sorted it but then when printing out a light blue logo it went back to printing it out purple. I'll install the ICC profile when I get back home shortly. Using the girlfriends laptop at present which I don't believe currently has the ICC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It already has ICC profile installed. I'm still not getting it right though. The settings when I goto print, which I've tried are Colour correction AUTOMATIC. Then I've tried CUSTOM within which I've tried colour controls, photo enhanced, ICM and No colour adjustment. The colour still comes out purple in most cases as you can hopefully see from the attached photo. I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong. I'm still trawling through old posts on here as well as I know I'm not the only one who has faced this. I thought I'd solved it earlier but I'm going to keep trying.1602331264133214093358.jpg