Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Tax question.
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 16-11-2016, 09:28 AM
  2. Hi! (with a question)
    By sas98kgj in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 09:07 AM
  3. Jet Pro Question
    By pieces in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 04:14 PM
  4. What causes this, and another question....HELP!
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23-05-2014, 05:16 PM
  5. Can I ask this question?
    By danlad in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 21-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mug question

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichG View Post
    Hi mate, yes done all that a few times now thanks! Looks like Windows decided to update my 2 pcs over the weekend and it's buggered everything up......photoshop, printer and networks! Going to backdate them and see what happens! Cheers
    You might get away with re-installing the original printer driver only. Now, I need to do this myself for one of my 1500W printers because it doesn't like my CISS, but I've a feeling that Windows 10 will prevent me by saying that "your hardware is already using the best driver" blah blah.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha Windows 10 is great isn't it!
    Last edited by RichG; 02-09-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the game!!

Having lost 2 days of my life messing with the printer, Photoshop and the PC all seems fine again. Seems an update has messed everything up from networks to the printer to almost anything near the PC! Gotta say once again thanks for the quick replies and help trying to sort this. Only thing thats good about this experience is I know its nothing I've done that caused it!!

Thanks chaps

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RichG For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (02-09-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in the game!!

Having lost 2 days of my life messing with the printer, Photoshop and the PC all seems fine again. Seems an update has messed everything up from networks to the printer to almost anything near the PC! Gotta say once again thanks for the quick replies and help trying to sort this. Only thing thats good about this experience is I know its nothing I've done that caused it!!

Thanks chaps
    Hey Rich, I'm having this issue now with my Mac (Catalina) and PSelements 2020, sublimation is producing a yellow dotted image behind my .png in the shape of the paper - I thought overspray? Any advice?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi BeautifulSimplicity, the only way i can think is to delete the image background and see if this helps. You could also zoom in on all of the other layers individually just to double check the dots aren't included on those. One thing I noticed yesterday whist I was using my Forever Rip software.... I didn't have the license dongle in the pc so it automatically put dots on the image background as a kind of copyright thing. Maybe check in Elements that no copyright button has accidentally been pressed, in fact theres a copyright function on the printing section of Photoshop that might be worth checking. Hope this helps

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0B4FEA95-17F3-4212-A30A-366BD093FBED.jpgHey, thanks for the reply
    it’s definitely not anything on the image, it’s a png and happens with either a transparent or white background. I’ve also used a brand new file (transparent or white) and added text in any colour and it happens behind the text. I’ve had a brief look into the copyright function (it’s not something I’ve seen before with elements) but I’ll research it a little more.

I’ve added a photo from a coaster so you can see what I’m referring too. The coaster is overcooked (I know) but it’s hard to get the yellow on a photograph of the mugs, this is the best example. The yellow is made of tiny pin prick dots. On the mugs it is lighter but still visible to the eye.

I have gone from blaming my printer to the ink to the paper to the mug press - going round in circles.

I’m actually returning my printer this morning and getting a replacement to see if that will help at all, I have pressed “blank/none printed on” sections of sub paper on to a mug for 180/180 and it transfers nothing, so I don’t believe it’s down to me “over cooking” with the press or the paper (tried ASub and Truepix) which leaves me with the printer or the ink

I only bought my set up in December - Epson 2710, St210 press so it’s becoming wholly disheartening that it’s not going to plan

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep looks exactly what mine was doing. Have you tried doing a fresh install of the printer driver? Probably best to completely remove the printer and driver from your Mac and install again. You could also try and print through another program to see if you get the same result? Do you use an ICC? If so maybe remove and reinstall. If I remember I also tried printing a pure white image. If it's pure white the printer should pull the paper through without printing anything
    Last edited by RichG; 21-02-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t no, I’m off to fetch this new one this morning anyway so I’ll remove everything (inc my iccs) and then try again from scratch. The epson was a nightmare to install so I was avoiding having to remove it unless it was a last resort.

I was given four standard iccs to try and have everything to print to arrange a custom icc but I can’t do that if I’m having this yellowing issue. When I initially set this up pre Christmas I printed 5/6 mugs and they’re were fine, came back to it after Christmas and then the problems started and seem to be worse, I’ve done several nozzle checks and head cleans (thinking maybe a blockage?) but everything is fine. I can only think that some kind of update occurred that may have upset things??

i appreciate your advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also tried printing a pure white image. If it's pure white the printer should pull the paper through without printing anything
    Before I take it back ive just reinstalled the printer and put the inks back in. I've printed my small image (text in this case) and opened the printer while it prints, after its printed my small it text it seems to continue to print the rest of what would be the background of the page. In this instance I even added an additional 255/255/255 white layer so it shouldn't be printing this surely?? - completely baffled

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Get hold of a high power magnifier (I use a cheap 40x magnification jeweller's loupe from ebay) and have a VERY close look at the white areas of your printout, specifically looking for yellow dots or dither patterns. If it's absolutely white then your printer, image and Elements are working correctly, so then you'd have to suspect the paper (couldn't be your press if it's happening on both mugs and coasters).

Are you printing using RGB or CMYK settings in Elements? You should always be using RGB.