Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. BLOCKED HEADS Epson WF7710
    By Bispham in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-06-2019, 07:18 PM
  2. Printer cutter or Separate printer and cutter
    By dye123 in forum Printers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13-12-2017, 01:30 PM
  3. Ricoh 3110DN Pizza Cutter On Film
    By bubbleimages in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-10-2017, 07:32 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  5. Liyu cutter driver install issue.
    By Lynne in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 09:07 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible Pizza cutter printer issue fix - Epson WF2010 + WF7710

Hi all,
    We were having pizza wheel issues on our two printers - Epson WF2010 and Epson WF7710.
    We had black ink dots removed from print, and then placed on lighter areas of the print.
    We cleaned rollers, slowed print to slowest possible, we cleaned every pizza wheel - as per you tube videos but we still could not solve the problem.
    We were ready for throwing out both printers and paying for a premium printer in excess of £800.. But I knew there must be a way round it....so....

I decided to remove all the PLASTIC pizza wheels, to clean them, from our back up printer - epson WF2010. I did not touch the METAL pizza wheels. I just cleaned them.
    I found even soaking them in cleaning fluid did not clean them properly so I left them out, put it back together and did 10 test prints... all perfect.... no marks...

So I did the same to our epson WF7710. It was not the easiest on the bigger A3+ printer but after about an hour of figuring out how to get the pizza wheel unit turned inside the machine, without removing the print unit and without breaking anything, I managed to remove all plastic cutter wheels and replace the unit without breaking anything including the sensor ribbon!
    Once again I printed 10 test A3+ pages with pictures and text in various colours. Not one single dot was present and printing was perfect.
    I understand this is probably not the easiest or probably best way to fix the problem but it has worked for us and we are delighted after weeks of bad prints and ruined stock. After nearly forking out £800 for a new printer that would probably have had the same problem, we are delighted we are back in business.
    What are peoples thoughts on this fix and are there any printer experts that foresee any future problems to this fix? I would appreciate feedback.

If there is an interest I would be willing to make a short video for both of these printers on how I did this.
    Many thanks for reading
    Peter
    Last edited by customgift4u; 05-09-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Great work Customgift4u! I have done this in the past on a couple of printers. It works, but like you say its not the easiest of fixes or for the faint hearted. We find the pizza wheel marks occur after prolonged use of a particular paper or media. The fibres from the media slowly comes off and essentially clog the wheels and prevent them turning, in turn they essentially scrape the paper as its passes through the printer. The same can happen with general dust and dirt from the air.

Your approach is the only true fix I have found, although eventually it will return.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 213533 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    .uk

10% discount on Sublimation Supplies for Dye Sub Forum Premium Members

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Just been through the same problem. Not sure if this is of any help but I found (after many frsutrated hours) that just reducing the print density on Maintanence tab, extended settings, by 10%, the ink still lays down enough but also dries before hitting the rollers.

I only need to do this on the HR paper.

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thankf ro that Richard. I'm looking at the same setting on a different Epson printer to cure the issue. I can see where to change the density but as you need to select "no colour adjustment" in settings for Sublimation will this still work?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the print density on the "Extended Settings" is a global override and still works with "no colour adjustment". The print density in extended settings looks to be driver related. The Epson XP-900 driver doesn't have it but the Epson WF-7210 driver does.
    settings.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be ETERNALLY greatful if you or ANYONE could please make a video of showing how to do this. I have a WF-7720 and i am so sick of these pizza wheel marks. This seems to be the only way to get rid of them for good. PLEASE someone make a video or show some photos on how to do this, id be so greatful.