Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Which embroidery machine
    By P8785 in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-05-2019, 02:02 PM
  2. SWF Embroidery Machine Reviews
    By logodigitizing in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-02-2019, 05:19 PM
  3. For Sale tajima embroidery machine
    By calvinabc in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-10-2017, 09:34 PM
  4. What embroidery machine should I buy?
    By colmac01 in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2015, 11:19 AM
  5. Embroidery Machine
    By sheryl_1975 in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 06:39 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie embroidery machine

Hi, any recommendations for a start up embroidery machine on a pretty tight budget. Would be mainly used for work logo on tshirts

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi RichG,
    Embroidery machines are not cheap. Just something to consider, the work logos you are on about how many colours are involved? Last thing you want to do is keep having to change the thread to a different colour for a design that has 4 colours in it. It takes a bit of time and takes you away from other things. (as im typing this out my embroidery machine is doing a logo with 5 colours and takes 37 minutes to complete from start to finish. i dont want to keep changing the colours every 6 or 7 minutes. ) so id consider spending a bit more if you can and get something that can take 4-6 coloured threads.

Shop around, a company called Bedford Sewing offer finance on new machines and are helpful as thats who i used.
    Who is going to convert your pictures of logos to stitches? (I cant do it) so i use a company called net digitising to do do it for me (£12 for a breast ) tho some embroidery machines come with software to do your own i find it hard and takes to long, when i can be doing other things.

All depends what you call a tight budget. A brother pr670e with 6 colours is what i have and covers most things. I find most company logos are 2-4 colours.

i hope this helps.
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    To be honest this is something I would (and do) contract out as and when I need to. For me at least it's just not worth the learning curve or investment.

Obviously if you have the ongoing workload then yes you can justify it but I find at the prices we pay the profits are still extremely good with none of the hassle,
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi chaps thanks for the advice, obviously a lot to look into. I'm happy using sublimation and htv at the moment but obviously they have their limitations thinking of the longevity of the product too. Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    as above, dont think you can start embroidery on a low budget.
    steep learning curve.....
    think £10k up - to include learning / training Up & up
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK