Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sawgrass SG400 not printing correct size
    By Allthingsscilly in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-09-2018, 01:22 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-09-2017, 04:33 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-05-2016, 07:55 PM
  4. Sawgrass SG400 Printing Problems.
    By gerrard05 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 02:33 PM
  5. Sawgrass SG400 printing squint
    By Maggie in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 09:23 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sawgrass SG400 Printing Faint Colours

Hello!

I recently switched from a Epson XP-342 system and purchased a Sawgrass SG400.

My chain is now Mac -> SG400/SublijetHD inks -> Trupix Paper -> Dino coated mugs -> Galaxy Pro press. Press and mugs came from Subliblanks, printer/ink/paper came from MDP Supplies.

I'm struggling with the SG400 as far as colours are concerned. Images seem to be printing off much brighter and less vivid/more faint than they appear on screen, and this is translating on the mugs I'm sublimating - I understand there is obviously going to be some discrepancy between what is on screen and what is printed/sublimated, that's just how colours work, but the difference here is notable (please see attached image). Very very expensive printer for such low quality prints.

71253486_10216787661057983_5794247036509356032_n (1) (1).jpg

The left mug printed using the Epson, and the right printed using the SG400.

Have tried all the colour settings within Virtuoso Print Manager, and I've also tried going direct through Photoshop and bypassing VPM with an ICC and it's making no tangible difference. Done nozzle checks/cleaning etc. No avail.

Can anyone please help? I'm using Trupix paper and the Sublijet-HD inks that came with the printer.

P.S now that I've installed an ICC for Photoshop, Virtuoso Print Manager just won't open. Brings up an error message saying that I haven't installed a printer. I don't know if it's connected to the ICC installation but it means I can't get back into that now!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you changed the times and temps on your press? They will also make a difference as you are now using different inks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, yes I have. I've muddled around with time, temperature and pressure settings - thought that was the initial problem to be honest. I've tried printing the same design on the same paper with the same print settings on my Epson and done a side by side with the Sawgrass, and the Epson is SO much better. Beginning to think it's just the printer...