Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Issues when pressing Coasters. HELP!
    By H2O Colour in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-06-2019, 09:35 AM
  2. Running ink issues after pressing
    By paul 44 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-12-2015, 01:51 PM
  3. Clothing Supply Chain Issues
    By ASLCreative in forum Clothing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19-03-2014, 04:22 PM
  4. Issues with heat pressing TOTE Bags
    By Ricky in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using the baseball/raglan shirts by Vanilla. They are great quality. Seems we are using a similar set up, I will try adjusting the time keeping the pressure the same and wish for the best.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todays results were better, I think the waving effect was due to the wrinkling of the chip shop paper under the garment (I had this here to protect the press from ink as I sometimes do a back and front print) so I took it off and the result was smooth but my blacks were brown at 200° and 50 seconds so I will reduce my time slightly but will also send off for a new ICC just in case.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little update, (if I get no responses on this thread, I'll probably start a new one)

I have purchased a new rubber pad as I had read sometimes these wear in the middle so current set up is:
    New rubber platen
    Sublimation shirt (no seams inside the press)
    Teflon sheet

Press for around 60s at 200 degrees C, pressure is set manually but I reckon it is middling pressure.

Whenever I press, I get a faded design in the middle of the shirt. It looks sorta brown so I took it out around 50 secs in case it was burning and decreased the pressure but this made things worse.

I thought the new platen rubber would solve the fading in the middle of my prints but it has not. Would my actual press be worn in the middle and if so, is it new press time?

Or is it the other direction and should I increase pressure and time?

I know I should try this and eliminate it but I have just ran out of test material so thought I would scratch your brains before the new material arrives. (I have a few shirts but a bit pricey to be experimenting on...I have ruined loads already!)

Sorry for the waffle, thanks for reading!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be uneven pressure leading to an uneven print.
    If you are using an extra piece of platen rubber it needs to be dead centre under the presure adjustment - if not the heat platen will pivot, reducing pressure at one end.
    Either move your rubber to the centre or balance the platen with a small off cut of rubber.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that info. I am using just one piece of rubber at the minute and it is the same size as the platen so it is presumably centered ha.

If I ever get it figured out I will remember this when adding another bit of rubber for the smaller items I press.