Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. GX e3300n and windows 10
    By Vynmarius in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2016, 12:18 PM
  2. Windows 8
    By socialgiraffe in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 16-05-2014, 10:11 PM
  3. Windows 7 Pro?
    By smo in forum Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 02:16 PM
  4. Windows 8 help?
    By Dave271069 in forum Software
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 24-12-2012, 05:16 PM
  5. Alternatives to Windows?
    By Justin in forum Software
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Windows 10 - Where to buy?

Where's the best place to buy a legitimate version of Windows 10 should I need it?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From systems I've built before I can recommend Aria.
    https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Software/Operating+Systems/

I'm still undecided what I'm doing post-Win7 as really don't want to move to Win10 if I can avoid.
    Currently pondering Win8.1, which isn't ideal but means I can run Silhouette/CS5/Sawgrass VPM for another couple of years.

Or

Switch to Linux Mint/Ubuntu with virtual Win7 installation by installing Win7 within Virtualbox (and Silhouette/CS5/Sawgrass VPM)...and just not allowing an internet connection to the virtual system.

Or there's the option of an air-gapped (unconnected) Win7 machine that's used solely for the software mentioned above.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. Personally I only use 7 but my sons PC came with 10 on. Having startup issues and have to reinstall. It actually came with 8.1 on but we got the free upgrade to 10.

Plenty on eBay as always but it's sorting the crap from the good.

Most reliable PC I ever had was one that I kept without an internet connection, great option if you can but nowadays so much uses cloud storage etc. it's trickier.

I've played with Linux etc. before and may revisit....if I ever get the time to play!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here. My laptop came with 8.1 but wiped it and put Win7 on:+)
    As for ebay/amazon super cheap licenses, be careful as inevitably they'll get blacklisted, potentially along with your ip address.

Those design/print programs are the only reason I still use Windows to be fair. At least with most flavours of Linux these days you can run the system from a disc and try it out before you install anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    My son only use photoshop, plays the usual games etc. Not sure 10 is necessary for what he does.

Yes, appreciate the cheaper keys need to be avoided, I was looking at the 'more genuine' ones for £50 upwards :-)

I do like trying other OS's, software etc. but I think Windows is a must for my work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run windows 7 at the moment too and my 5 printers and Roland cutter work fine . As I hate to change a running system Im buying a small Win 10 PC just for the internet and keeping it separate from my Win 7 PC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I threw a PC together out of bits I had lying around and use this solely for one of my printers. It's a very basic system but as it just does this one task it's more than capable. Small SSD with Win 7. I have another that I built new as I needed Win 10 to run my latex print & cut. Again, very basic but just does that one job. My main PC gets all sorts thrown at it but that's a much more capable machine. Mac just sits here as a radio player....opens can of worms ;-)

I do like having dedicated PC's, makes it much easier when things go wrong!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Windows 7 will no longer receive security updates in January, so it will go the way of XP which was exploited by hackers if you all remember? My other computer is Windows 7, so will eventually take it offline.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those looking to upgrade to Win10 from a genuine version of 7 or 8/8.1, I just stumbled across this article from earlier this month.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/266072/you...-8-or-8.1-key/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Baldy For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (30-12-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that, I had read that this was possible so will look into it further. To be quite honest I'd be happy to move away from Windows. That said, I'm not a Mac person, been there tried that, Macbook Pro is great but not an iMac fan. I love the idea of moving to Lunux and toy with this every now and then, some great distros atround at the moment but you're still limited on supported software.

I've been happy with Win7, I guiess the only alternative would be to go offline with main PC but whilst that works great it can be a pain.