Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-02-2018, 10:18 PM
  2. Sold Epson ET-2600 Printer - Brand New
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-11-2017, 02:34 PM
  3. Epson ET-2600 & ICC Profile Help
    By bubbleimages in forum Printers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-11-2017, 10:28 PM
  4. Missing color with Epson s21
    By sapprinting in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
  5. Printing trouble with CS4
    By Traynor26 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-04-2010, 05:38 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Are yo designing and printing in RGB or CMYK in your graphics software? You need to be in RGB.
    Sorry, not that clued up on this sort of thing - I will take a look tonight to try and find out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddesigns View Post
    Sorry, not that clued up on this sort of thing - I will take a look tonight to try and find out
    My printer has the CMYK colors but are you saying the graphics need to be different?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My printer has the CMYK colors but are you saying the graphics need to be different?
    Yes, your printer uses CMYK inks, but the data you send to the printer must be RGB.

For instance, in Photoshop, this is the menu where you select RGB colour mode ...

PS_RGBMode.jpg

By the way, what graphics software are you using for designing and printing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, your printer uses CMYK inks, but the data you send to the printer must be RGB.

For instance, in Photoshop, this is the menu where you select RGB colour mode ...

PS_RGBMode.jpg

By the way, what graphics software are you using for designing and printing?

Thanks I will take a look this evening.

I started off trying to use a signage software which I am using for vinyl sign writing (another issue I am having but that's for another day!) I assume this could be half the problem?

I have downloaded Gimp as I didn't want to spend the money on Photoshop just yet until I have exhausted options/ built up business. Never used this type of software before so currently spending time watching you tube for instruction! I will try printing direct from Gimp this evening to see if that makes a difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gimp handles ICC colour profiles so should get you going. Remember that, like Photoshop, Gimp is raster-editing software, as opposed to vector-editing software such as Coreldraw, AI, or Inkscape. So, it is mre geared up for editing and printing photographic images and images with gradients, whereas vector is more for solid colour designs and designs which need to be scaled without loss of quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gimp handles ICC colour profiles so should get you going. Remember that, like Photoshop, Gimp is raster-editing software, as opposed to vector-editing software such as Coreldraw, AI, or Inkscape. So, it is mre geared up for editing and printing photographic images and images with gradients, whereas vector is more for solid colour designs and designs which need to be scaled without loss of quality.
    Ok thats great.

I will check the printing in gimp this evening and see how i get on.

Flexisign is prob the wrong type of software, although thatbis also causing me trouble wuth scaling up logos to cut so i may look at one of the other programmes for that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thats great.

I will check the printing in gimp this evening and see how i get on.

Flexisign is prob the wrong type of software, although thatbis also causing me trouble wuth scaling up logos to cut so i may look at one of the other programmes for that
    I am not yet into sublimation but my printer will arrive tomorrow. I considered Gimp as well but most people said its not so good for that, thats why i bought affinity designer today. Here you can choose your ICC profile very easy and do some basic adjustments. I dont have experience in mug pressing at all but i watched hundreds of video in the last weeks from all over the world and what i discovered was that most people dont use 180 Celsius or higher. The average was more like 170 for 120 seconds, some even use 60 seconds. Some used even 165 Celsius. What not many people do in those youtube videos is heating up the press with a "sacrificial mug" to prevent blisters on the material in the press. Another confusing thing for beginners is the fact that some people say lets say 240 seconds pressing time but they could mean the overall pressing time inside the mug or the pressing time when your mug reaches its target temperature, that was very confusing to me. Because when you say 120 seconds and 170 Celsius the mug is much longer on inside the press than 12ß seconds because the temperature drops as soon as you put the mug in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All

It has been a long time, I am now getting back to this after being far to o busy in my day job!

Before Christmas I managed to get the sublimation printer working (not sure how), however things have messed up again.

I have created a document in Coral Draw in RGB, however when printing it is converting the colours and coming out quite different.

My management settings are:

Colour setting - coral.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Keith