Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Animator 3.0 updated
    By Paul in forum Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-08-2017, 11:13 PM
  2. Photoshop setting for good black Photoshop CS6
    By Bispham in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-07-2017, 01:08 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 12:52 PM
  4. Photoshop 6 for mac!
    By Paul in forum Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 10:05 AM
  5. Photoshop
    By dj_doubler in forum Software
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Anyone updated to Photoshop CC2020 yet? ...

Just updated today and there are some nice additional features. I've been playing around with the updated 'Subject Selection' and 'Content Aware Fill' features. The original image is No. 1 and as you can see I have removed, moved, and duplicated the large tower block in the other 3 images, all done in a few minutes...

city_fun.jpg

Also, for those of you who make use of the 'Warp' feature it now has many more options and is much more versatile. Worth checking out on youtube.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I love content aware fill - both the basic and updated versions - although it scares me sometimes how good it can be!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pisquee For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (06-11-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    For me, Photoshop is at last starting to earn its pricey subscription rate with these updates. Affinity and Gimp are no comparison to these powerful features.

I see you can also now break up Smart Objects back into individual layers with just a click. Neat!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hmmm ...

Now I've had some time to check it out thoroughly, it seems cc2020 isn't the bee's knee's I first thought it was.

In fact, it's an utter pile of dog shit!

Long start up, longer document loading times, random crashes when trying to print, doesn't remember printer settings, .....

Did I mention 'crashes when trying to print?' Oh, and there's also the problem of crashing while trying to print!

Some numpty in the Adobe forums suggested resetting Preferences every time this happens and, believe it or not, this has been flagged as the 'Best Solution!. Unbelievable! Yeah, I've got all day to sit around resetting Preferences, re-booting, entering all of my personlised preferences again, reloading all of my presets, reloading documents because the Recent list is now empty .....

Yet, ........... my old copy of CS5 runs like a breeze, as does the previous version (cc2019), so what the hell is Adobe playing at? I love the new 2020 features, but not the bugs.

I really don't want to go down the Affinity road, but I just wish Adobe would listen to their customers and tackle these issues.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 05-12-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I had a major fallout with Adobe this week. We'd been subscribing to a CC plan and decided to end it for a while as I own CS6 as well. When they cancelled the CC subscription it upset the CS6 licence information. They dialled in and reset all user permission and messed up further still 4 hours on Live Chat and they couldn't fix it. I couldn't find my serial number install disks and despite being able to recover them from Windows they told me they were invalid!

Eventually they issues me a new serial number but not before I'd pulled all of my hair out! Just before I found my original disks! LOL.

I would love to be able to ditch them and between Inifinty and Photopea online I pretty much could but there's a small learning curve and I just don't have the time......yet.

Anyone looking at software, Infinity is superb. It's 30% off at just £33.99 right now so I might buy it for future use. Only reason I hesitated was no support for smart objects (mock ups etc.) which is where Photopea does a very good job FOC!
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And the moral of that story is, don't upset anything during Christmas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we had only two Photoshop print crashes today so quite a good day. This print crash problem has been getting worse over last few months and even more so on latest version. We resort to copying whatever we want to print into a new window which tends to work for most part. I am though also wondering why certain tasks like copying, dragging or resizing can take up to 10 seconds on our i9 processor computers whereas only i5 computers running previous cc version were instant. Grrr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    7.31am and first Photoshop CC crash of the day!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I now only use 2020 if I need the new features then save the document for printing in CS5 or cc2019.

CS5 runs like a dream compared to 2020 and as long as you don't need all of the latest features is the best choice for day-to-day design and print.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Win 10 with PS CC 2017, has never been updated, it's blocked from updating itself automatically and runs very smoothly.