Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Breakages in transit - how many are acceptable?
    By FBW in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14-03-2015, 07:17 PM
  2. 2 part transfers for foil help?
    By Limara in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 01:26 PM
  3. wanted part for ciss
    By doe in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-07-2012, 12:26 AM
  4. What Part of mug?
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 08:57 PM
  5. Part Printer Part Software Niggle
    By Front Bedroom in forum Printers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-08-2011, 02:00 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part-Ink carts in transit?

Hi all.

If I purchased a 2nd hand Virtuosso printer which still has ink remaining in the carts, does anyone know what the recommended procedure is regarding the carts in transit, as obviously don't want them leaking if the parcel is tipped, but don't want to dry the heads out either.
    I've asked Sawgrass but they forwarded to tier 2 support...which could take days to hear back.
    Anyone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I've had inks leak just by moving a smaller Ricoh in the office, any slight tilt can cause potential issues. Assume it will get turned upside down in transit.

Certainly they'll need removing, I'm not sure about the ink in the lines though, if this will still be ok.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I presume the printer has a waste ink tank, I posted a while back regarding the tank overflowing on an sg400 after I did a manual reset. Not the same of course but if it leaked then it would probably leak if inverted - which is bound to happen. Might be worth getting another waste tank and ditching the existing one. I would also put a lot of kitchen towel in the cavity left by the tank just in case the waste pipe also leaks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wayupnorth For This Useful Post:

Baldy (16-11-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I've had inks leak just by moving a smaller Ricoh in the office, any slight tilt can cause potential issues. Assume it will get turned upside down in transit.

Certainly they'll need removing, I'm not sure about the ink in the lines though, if this will still be ok.
    That was pretty much my thinking too Justin. Oddly enough, when Sawgrass support replied, the response was
    "That is sealed so that won't happen as long as the carts and waste tank are connected." - Still not sure I'd trust it through the delivery network though.

Luckily, and thanks to a star seller, it's ended up working out so he's delivering the printer himself:+)
    That now means I'll be listing a 7month old SG400...although I think it'll have to be collection only just to be safe.