Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Colours not right after Heatpress. Help!
    By Ger in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2017, 07:34 PM
  2. swing away heatpress
    By calvinabc in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14-12-2015, 09:51 AM
  3. What is this thingystuff in Texipress Heatpress?
    By Tricia in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 12:58 AM
  4. found a heatpress
    By Mattie in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xpres Value Heatpress

Hello all,

I currently have a cheap swing Heatpress which has been fine for the last 2 years. I’m now looking to upgrade to a 40 x 50 cm but have a budget of £500 at a stretch . I’ve been seeing Xpres advertise their value press for Black Friday at that size for £429. I can’t really find any reviews for them.

what do you think?

thank you!
    Newbie to Sublimation, looking forward to learning. I currently use a lot of vinyl to produce t shirts, mugs, water bottles . I also sell Craft supplies, Stickers i design and cut out for sale to consumers and business owners.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be worth a punt. Probably no better or worse than any of the other £500 presses offered by suppliers - Xpres do claim it is for start-ups/low volume use.

How long is the warranty? Assuming that you aren't a limited company ( ie sole trader) then buy it with your credit card ( not debit card, and don't use paypal to checkout) so that you are covered by the credit cards consumer protection as well as the Xpres warranty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Looks like a decent well built machine (form the pics!) has gas auto lift which can be useful, as long as it's controlled and doesn't cause ghosting. Also has a pull out drawer, again very useful.

Personally I prefer a swing press rather than these clam types but if space is an issue I can see the reasoning.

You know you're getting first class support with Xpres. As a Premium Member it would be worth checking out other suppliers offering a discount. Signzworld are recently on-board, not sure on their range of presses but worth a look :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both! I currently have a swing so that’s a consideration. Signs world has a Galaxy Neptune that I can afford. I’m just nervous of spending that much money!
    Newbie to Sublimation, looking forward to learning. I currently use a lot of vinyl to produce t shirts, mugs, water bottles . I also sell Craft supplies, Stickers i design and cut out for sale to consumers and business owners.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    There are a couple of Adkins heat presses on eBay for £450 each, good quality presses. Problem is they want collection and I know where you are ;-) May be worth having a chat with Xpres as they often have ex demo equipment for sale as well, I don't have a current list.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a Geo Knight DK20Sfor £500 on ebay, in Bournemouth. I know nothing about it, but assuming that it is in full working order then that would be a good option.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geo-Knigh...Condition=3000

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you are a premium member you could get discounts if you buy through Signzworld but would advise you to read their Ts & Cs.

https://signzworld.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Please note following:

...''We do not make exceptions to our conditions for DOA products – you would be required to follow our standard procedures as per above to obtain warranty repair. By purchasing one of our products, please realise that this is the small risk that you take, while this may seem inconvenient please realise that our prices are slashed by 50% compared to high street brands. If you do not accept these terms & conditions, please do not buy a machine from us.''

''The buyer (you) pays for the return shipping fees both directions. If your machine needs to be returned under the RTB warranty within the warranty term, you will be required to pay for the shipping in both directions.''

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Well that's something I haven't read, not sure where they stand with regards to trading standards, distance selling etc. If that's the case I wouldn't buy personally.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the same regarding the trading standards. I mean if I buy a machine and it's broken, then I wouldn't want to pay for shipping costs back and forth. At least if the fault is on the supplier's side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Well that's something I haven't read, not sure where they stand with regards to trading standards, distance selling etc. If that's the case I wouldn't buy personally.
    That is why I always recommend a) paying with credit card for all items over £100, and b)reading the T and Cs of signzworld and their ilke very carefully.

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act makes the credit supplier 'jointly and severaly' liable for the quality and warranty of the goods with the supplier. Consumers, for the purposes of the act, are defined as 'individuals, sole traders or un-incorporated partnerships'.

Under the act you can make a claim direct to the card provider and let them sort it out. They may try to get you to contact the supplier first, but that is not how the law is written. Under joint and several liability you can claim from either or both of the parties simultaneously. Any provarication on behalf of the supplier and the card provider is likely to issue a chargeback against the supplier of the goods.

Don't use your credit card through the paypal payment gateway. If you do then paypal are seen as a 'third party' in the transaction - the card company pays paypal and paypal pays the supplier. Because there is no direct link from the card provider and the supplier the consumer credit act doesn't cover the transaction.