Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Membership discounts 2019/2020
    By GermanDyeSub in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 30-11-2020, 01:34 PM
  2. Spring Fair 2019
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-02-2019, 09:33 AM
  3. Calendar templates 2019 UK
    By Justin in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-07-2018, 04:27 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 11:21 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best mug coating 2019/2020

Hello,

The market is flooded with various types of sublimation mugs. There are the unbranded ones, but also the branded ones with various coating names (Orca, Rhino, Duraglaze, JS, Glazeking etc). One can easily get confused and one would have to spend a fortune if one would like to test them all :)

I think at this point we all agree on one thing, the sublimation mugs that we use should be fine to use in a dishwasher and should last for some time. Not fade after a few cycles in the dishwasher. So what coating is your favourite one? Which one has lasted longest?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Plenty of threads on here discussing this. Many have their personal favourites. I stick with Xpres 5013. Recently ordered a couple of boxes from another well known supplier and despite the promises and also recommendations from users on the forum they were very poor indeed.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

GermanDyeSub (25-11-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply @Justin.

Xpres 5013 sounds interesting but it's just that it's 10oz that put's me off. 11 oz would make it more interesting.

Regarding the ones that you have tried and rejected because they were poor, are there any particular coatings worth to mention that one should be aware of that aren't up to the standard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I'm yet to find a customer that prefers the 11oz to the 10oz mug. I've had customers call the 11oz the 'builders' mug :-)

I believe the Xpres mugs are Rhino coated (so it states on the outer box) I've also tried a box from Subli Blanks recently as they were only £28+vat. On the whole they have been fine but I rejected two or three from the box.

Many years ago I contacted all of the suppliers and requested a sample, most will oblige.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

GermanDyeSub (25-11-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. That made things clearer. Well, may go for 10oz as long as the coating is fine like Xpres's mugs.

Also, good advice regarding requesting samples. Didn't think of it before.