Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Polo shirt Sublimation
    By mikeq in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-06-2019, 09:17 AM
  2. premium thin glitter adhesive vinyl
    By Tony4415 in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-10-2018, 07:34 PM
  3. Really thin mouse mats
    By kris_hm in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 12:47 PM
  4. Thin Unisub (similar to credit card metal)
    By draig in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-09-2010, 02:19 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B&C Sublimation T-shirt - Too thin

Hello,

Ordered some B&C T-shirts for sublimation. On their website the pictures of the t-shirt is white and bright.

In reality they are really too thin, see through. Took some pictures, it's see through but worse in reality.

Are all sublimation t-shirts like this or should I return them.

Grateful for all replies.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Personally I would prefer the thinner shirt but I appreciate this does look a little tool thin! Xpres shirts used to be very thick but the ones they stock now are better, not as thin as this. I have found that the thicker the shirt the more emphasised the press mark so it may just be worth printing to see how it looks. Worry is the colours may look washed out if it really is that thin.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

GermanDyeSub (26-11-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it for Stag and Hen shirts or other single use sublimation. Results are good for a 140gsm shirt, when considering the intended use. It has its place, but in general polyester is 30 - 40 gsm lighter than cotton so every shirt is going to feel thiner than you are used to.

The Gildan 42000 is slightly better at 170gsm, if you need a 'brushed' cotton feel shirt - about £0.30 more.

If you need a heavier shirt then the Xpres subli plus XP520 is good at 210gsm, but at twice the price of the B&C it fills a different place in the market.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pw66 For This Useful Post:

GermanDyeSub (26-11-2019), Justin (26-11-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same worry as the one @Justin mentioned. That the colours will look washed out because of the thinness. Also that customers will complain that it's thin, doesn't feel premium and such complaints. My main customer base in this case would be B2C with photo print t-shirts so may go for a heavier alternative, as to not upset the customer base. We all want return customers :)

Member Mini KickUps Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me the material thickness is a huge issue when it comes to sublimation tshirts. It definitely limits the applications that this type of garment can be used for. Some of them are see through. I would definitely be interested in any suggestions for a heavier polyester tshirt which works well with sublimation. It's important that my customer perceives value in the items I sell. Many would be put off by the thickness of this type of material.

I am experimenting with the siser easy subli paper combined with a light HTV in order to create some higher quality items, without the need to invest in a solvent printer.

So far it's looking hopeful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on the thickness of the shirt, i change the flex used.
    For exemple, on light coton (around 150g), i prefer the rapid flex (used usualy on synthetic shirts) because it is more flexible.

And i prefer classic Flex of Flock (velour) on heavy coton around 190g.

Here is the result on one of our first shirt, to light and flex a bit too thick.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Please check before responding to threads, again this one is very old almost 4 years.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

pcwizme (14-02-2024)