Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. ORCA Mugs (latest batch)
    By Disky in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-02-2020, 10:26 PM
  2. RN & Orca Coated Mugs
    By Martinx in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-08-2018, 07:05 PM
  3. Mugs from Neil Brothers / buysublimation.co.uk
    By JMugs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-12-2017, 11:17 AM
  4. Anyone use Dino mugs (aka Orca)?
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-11-2015, 10:15 PM
  5. who stocks orca mugs
    By smitch6 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subli.co.uk stock the NeilBros mugs. Not sure if the Durham is AAA or AA version. Both are decent though. Save you spending £500 if it is just to try.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (13-12-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I bought a box of 10oz Dino mugs from Subli Blanks, they were on offer at around £28 a box so thought I'd have a look. Overall finish not as good as the 5013, printed very well though. Looking at them I don't think they have a ridge at the bottom.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Subli.co.uk stock the NeilBros mugs. Not sure if the Durham is AAA or AA version. Both are decent though. Save you spending £500 if it is just to try.

I like Subli's descriptions; they are honest about how the mugs actually print, which no other suppliers state. These Neil Brothers' mugs appear to be good enough to get my full top to bottom printing, but it's all down to the defect rate per box. But everything I have bought from Neil Bros has been much better in quality than everything I had before.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very good mugs.
    I've gone through a few pallets of these now and I'm mostly very pleased. Now, nothing on them says AAA. Are the AAs a totally different ceramic?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only used their cheaper mugs over the last couple of years. I did have a long chat with the owner of PhotoUSA a few years ago at a trade show and he indicated different levels of Orca coating as the main difference in their mugs. Orca green he mentioned as I was looking at getting some in direct. All still dishwasher proof etc.
    Would be interesting to test both standards in print quality and lasting levels after.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their AA mugs have no ORCA stamp at the bottom. So it's a white label Orca mug. Also it's not possible to do a full print as the bottom has something like a rim. Maybe you have tried other mugs before that are budget. Top to bottom print isn't possible. Will see if I can take some pictures to show the difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do top to bottom all the time on the AA. Also, I requested he stocked no stamp as it is a pain. We often adhere customer branding to the base and also print licenses merch where they don't want another brand on there. AA did used to have an Orca stamp a while back. At the end of the day the end user has no interest in what the coating is just the print company.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have only used their cheaper mugs over the last couple of years...... Orca green he mentioned as I was looking at getting some in direct. All still dishwasher proof etc.
    Would be interesting to test both standards in print quality and lasting levels after.
    There could well be a huge difference. I mentioned before, that the Signzworld double coated Orcas were extremely dull compared to all the other 'premium' mugs I usually print on.

With Neil's AAAs I'm getting maybe 3-5 rejects per box with sharp coating drips and clumps of sharp ceramic on the base. Curious about AAs as they are a nice price.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gary, have you ever tried Raja UK mugs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    There could well be a huge difference. I mentioned before, that the Signzworld double coated Orcas were extremely dull compared to all the other 'premium' mugs I usually print on.

With Neil's AAAs I'm getting maybe 3-5 rejects per box with sharp coating drips and clumps of sharp ceramic on the base. Curious about AAs as they are a nice price.
    I am not convinced Signzworld Orca mugs are actually Orca from the information I had back from them. It almost seemed Orca standard but not sure.

Also, when I spoke to the main guy at Orca he basically asked me what price I want to pay as they can keep on bringing it lower.... along with the standard. This will always make it hard to compare Orca like for like from different suppliers.
    Last edited by Andrew; 18-02-2020 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Info

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

GoonerGary (18-02-2020)