Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold Sawgrass SG400 (A4) Sublimation printer - Under 7 Months old
    By Baldy in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-11-2019, 12:18 PM
  2. 3D film for Sawgrass Virtuoso
    By Omi in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2016, 03:09 PM
  3. Sawgrass print problem.
    By msub in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2016, 11:32 AM
  4. new printer and 3d film
    By bigj2552 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Hi, you need a specific profile to print onto the film. You can speak to SG but I doubt they'll be much help. You can get a custom made profile but have to print the swatches onto actual material being used which is where you'll struggle.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Hi, you need a specific profile to print onto the film. You can speak to SG but I doubt they'll be much help. You can get a custom made profile but have to print the swatches onto actual material being used which is where you'll struggle.
    Thanks for your reply! Yea I reached out to them & there was nothing they could do. At this point what would you suggest is the easiest solution? Use a different printer? Or who could I reach out to to get a custom profile for my SG500?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Like I say, you 'can' get a profile made but it won't be 100% unless you can produce A5 size swatches on the same material as your phone cases.

My advice would just be to get me to print your cases and dropship for you ;-) Hahaha. Seriously if I can help, let me know :-)

I've never used the SG printers for phone case printing lother than my VJ628. I use Epson printers as well and do haver a decent profile but it takes a lot of tweaking to get there. I'd start by speaking to someone who can create a profile, Ink Experts would be a good starting point.

What machine are you using to print the cases?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Like I say, you 'can' get a profile made but it won't be 100% unless you can produce A5 size swatches on the same material as your phone cases.

My advice would just be to get me to print your cases and dropship for you ;-) Hahaha. Seriously if I can help, let me know :-)

I've never used the SG printers for phone case printing lother than my VJ628. I use Epson printers as well and do haver a decent profile but it takes a lot of tweaking to get there. I'd start by speaking to someone who can create a profile, Ink Experts would be a good starting point.

What machine are you using to print the cases?
    I use a SG500 that has worked very well with their suggested materials & papers however I really wanted to expand onto 3D phone cases using film & not waste so much time trying to cut it just right by using regular sublimation paper.

I had seen InkExperts but their website said they are currently not working on ICC profiles for sawgrass.
    Do you know another company that might be able to help with that particularly in the United States?

If not i might have to look into buying a Epson specifically for phone cases & go from there.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning Manny,

When we started the 3D phone cases side of our business we were using Ricoh and Sawgrass with the same foil you mention. After a few weeks it was soon apparent that our setup was not fit for purpose, especially on block colours with drying times on Sawgrass ink longer than others and with no other option we invested in a different setup just for the phone cases, which went down the route we are still using today of Epson, with ink supplied by Ink Experts here in the UK.

I would suggest having a look at this setup, as the ink costs alone will save you in the long run. Sign yourself up to this forum and there are many suppliers including Ink Experts that will offer you a generous discount for your custom.

Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleimages View Post
    Morning Manny,

When we started the 3D phone cases side of our business we were using Ricoh and Sawgrass with the same foil you mention. After a few weeks it was soon apparent that our setup was not fit for purpose, especially on block colours with drying times on Sawgrass ink longer than others and with no other option we invested in a different setup just for the phone cases, which went down the route we are still using today of Epson, with ink supplied by Ink Experts here in the UK.

I would suggest having a look at this setup, as the ink costs alone will save you in the long run. Sign yourself up to this forum and there are many suppliers including Ink Experts that will offer you a generous discount for your custom.

Good luck!
    Thanks for your suggestion! My Foil suppliers said they use a Epson p6080 but I fear that may be too large for our space, any recommendations on a smaller Epson A4 printer? & yes I think I will be signing up !

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, of course. We have a couple of Epson ET-2650 printers, running on SubliNova Smart ink. Our studio is setup on Mac's, which did prove to be a problem with some of the colours upon setting up, but once we paid for a full ICC, our colours even on only a 4 colour printer have been good enough for our customers and clients ongoing until we decide to invest more into the phone case side of things in the future with more colours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sawgrass reached out to offer me testing of the 3D film. I was a bit surprised given that the first time I reached out to them they didn’t seem too interested. At this point I guess I’ll wait to here back from their testing of the material & hope they come back with good news. I will update y’all once I hear back from them as I’m sure there’s some sawgrass owners that might be interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I have the white film on a roll, never managed to get a good enough profile but need to have another play with settings. In my VJ628 printer.

Following on from your thread I tried the film in my Epson 2650 and I'm getting great results. It gives bettwr results than white film as no pizza wheels issues, we switched some time ago.