Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Inconsistent mugs
    By DANNYD in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-10-2014, 07:55 PM
  2. Inconsistent blacks
    By JBDesign in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-02-2014, 08:48 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-05-2012, 08:58 AM
  4. T-shirt Sample - Faded and inconsistent look
    By Philipjbaker in forum Clothing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-02-2012, 11:09 AM
  5. A Big Thank You to Listawood
    By JackB in forum Listawood
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am often scratching my head with mugs. As an example some people have problems with Coralgraph. I have used Coralgroph mugs both by the pallet load and as individual box orders if I just want a quick top up, this has been over 5 years no problem. I had one delivery with a lot of broken mugs a few years ago. Emailed them and sorted in 24 hours, others have problems getting replies from them. I had a box of xpres mugs to see how good they were...yep they were mugs and they printed OK. Tried listawood AAA, not impressed with them as I had more with pin pricks in the glaze then I did with coralgraph. They weren't terrible but not fantastic.
    What have I learned from all this? Only that I know nothing!

So there we are ..... no help what so ever.

Janners

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I don't personally get it with Xpres mugs as found them no better than the average mug out there.... just wish their mug was a bit better.... and a bit cheaper. Both are definitely not going to happen.
    I was told by a rep that they are experimenting with orca coating.

I decided to actually count how many Xpres mugs had defects per box. Every box would consistently have around 12-13 defect mugs. Plus 2-3 misprints per box due to barrelling which isn't noticeable during transfer wrapping. Very frustrating and time consuming.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 29-12-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMugs View Post
    I am often scratching my head with mugs. As an example some people have problems with Coralgraph. I have used Coralgroph mugs both by the pallet load and as individual box orders...

Janners
    What was their return policy on those dimpled/ pin pricked mugs?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I was told by a rep that they are experimenting with orca coating.

I decided to actually count how many Xpres mugs had defects per box. Every box would consistently have around 12-13 defect mugs. Plus 2-3 misprints per box due to barrelling which isn't noticeable during transfer wrapping. Very frustrating and time consuming.
    Something must be going on, as i;'ve mentuoined before, I just don't get rejects/failures with the 5013, something we need to look at me thinks.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll send you the latest photos, but it is the same defects as I've mentioned before. Sharp ceramic chips welded to the underneath, razor sharp coating drips on base, rippled and dented coating, dirty stains on the coating, tiny chips on bottom. Xpres need a new mug mould to fix that deep ridge near the bottom, and my Christmas mugs had were significantly barrel shaped, which is a new problem.

As for the Listawood Christmas specials; I've had several complaints from customers complaining about ugly shaped mugs. I don't blame them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

Justin (30-12-2019)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading all this just makes me want to stay with my current mug supplier. Ive only ever had 1 box of mostly broken mugs, and that was due to the delivery man tripping up a kerb and dropping them last winter. I get the odd one or two that may have a spot in coating but never more than that, and its not in every box.
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Listawood for a few orders before Xmas and I wasn't that impressed if I'm being honest. I was using Signzworld for my mugs previously and I never had any issues. One corporate client wanted best quality mugs with really resilient coating against dishwashing so I went with Listawood as they quote that mugs are checked to 2000 washes and they are only 20 mins away so made it easy to collect.

For the price point and then the fact you have to buy boxes separately, these should be top quality but I didn't think they were. Wonky handles, inconsistent mug sizes, Pin marks, I was very disappointed. By all means charge a premium for a premium product but quality control should match the price.

I have returned to Signzworld for my mugs and am saving money and getting better quality.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    Reading all this just makes me want to stay with my current mug supplier.
    Which mugs are you using at present?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaminist View Post
    I used Listawood for a few orders before Xmas and I wasn't that impressed if I'm being honest. ..By all means charge a premium for a premium product but quality control should match the price.

I have returned to Signzworld for my mugs and am saving money and getting better quality.
    I have a box of Signzworld 10oz mugs, but when printed, the colours were extremely dull compared to Xpres and others. They were rather budget looking too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine from signzworld are very bright when printed. A corporate customer even commented in feedback at how bright and vibrant they were. They were certainly better quality than the last Listawood mugs I ordered and definitely comparable with regards to print quality. I guess it's all a bit hit and miss.