Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Inconsistent mugs
    By DANNYD in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-10-2014, 08:55 PM
  2. Inconsistent blacks
    By JBDesign in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-02-2014, 09:48 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-05-2012, 09:58 AM
  4. T-shirt Sample - Faded and inconsistent look
    By Philipjbaker in forum Clothing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-02-2012, 12:09 PM
  5. A Big Thank You to Listawood
    By JackB in forum Listawood
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listawood inconsistent

I've come to the end of the road with Listawood now. The last 3 orders for 10oz mugs have been annoying to say the least.

I do a lot of full wrap mugs and my templates have always been 9cm high. Every order was consistent up until the last month.
    Now I seem to be getting sent whatever junk they have lying around. I had two boxes of 10oz mugs with different dimensions and some with wonky handles. I'm not overly OCD about handles so went with it. The latest batch are now 9.4cm tall meaning I now need to resize the templates (AGAIN) and the rim of the mugs look crap.

I'm not one for complaining, I just jump ship and so it looks like I'm off to another supplier who can be a bit more consistent.

Any recommendations?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Many members get on well with the Listawood mugs, personally we've had a number of similar issues. If you want consistency XP5013 from Xpres, been using these for years now and don't have any issues whatsoever.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rabb View Post
    I've come to the end of the road with Listawood now. The last 3 orders for 10oz mugs have been annoying to say the least.

Haha, I've got 30 boxes of Listawood inconsistencies. I spent a serious amount of hours trying to find a printable mug amongst them. Orders piling up by the shed loads each day during the very busiest weeks. Pinholes and dust being the main culprits in those Marie DG AAAs. At this time of the year it's about meeting quantity targets rather than quality. So you'd get massive 11oz looking things and then normal mugs. I had a variety mix of non-sub mugs and all sorts, then entire boxes of rejects.

Moved temporarily to 5013 mugs, but Neil Brothers Orca AAA seem to be the only ones capable of full top to bottom printing...although the three quick test mugs I did fade at the top 1-2 mm as the mug curves round.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoonerGary For This Useful Post:

Batman (24-12-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing your experience with Listawood. It's not pleasant to hear that they send their junk to you. Have heard good things about the Xpres mug which Justin suggests. Also, I think there is a Xpres discount for premium members, so worth checking out. Finally, I hope you find a good supplier which supplies good mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't personally get it with Xpres mugs as found them no better than the average mug out there. The bottom part of the mug was actually worst than most. This was a few years ago though. Their coating isn't as durable as many either. For the cost I would have expected far better. The last pallet I tried was okay but not great and that is probably earlier this year. I know they switched from Chentegh factory in Thailand to China a few years back so don't know if that is still the case. One thing I would say about Xpres though is that they are a decent and reliable company. I use quite a few of their other products regularly, just wish their mug was a bit better.... and a bit cheaper. Both are definitely not going to happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good Morning, I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing problems, please do not hesitate in contacting us directly at tradesupplies@listawood.com for some further assistance.

Regards

Lisa Taylor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lisa,
    The dimensions of the mugs have been all over the place. I can barely pick two the same size in the same box. This latest batch have wonky handles and no plastic bags like they usually have.
    It's like you've picked all your rejects and sent them out to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    my pallets from lista all been fine. Maybe I'm not too picky, but never had to reject any, and I just buy the A
    all bagged so far,
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently undecided where mugs are concerned.
    So far, the 5013's have given great results with the only down-side being that they only claim to be dishwasher resistant up to 800 wash cycles at 45°C.
    I don't have a dishwasher but after reading on here about the 5013's fading down the line, I decided to give the fade-proof Duraglaze mugs from Listawood a try and bought a box of AAA Grade 10oz Durham mugs and a box of the A grade 11oz Two tone mugs.

Whilst the resulting print came out great, I did notice that despite the AAA grade, a few had scuffs, bumps or dimples. I also noticed that some of the mugs had the dishwasher proof base stamp...whilst others didn't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really wanted to try the Duraglaze but the inconsistent products that some have mentioned here really puts me off. Hope they get better in the future.