Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Shopify vs OpenCart...pros and cons
    By Justin in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-06-2017, 03:49 PM
  2. DTG Pro's & cons.
    By R.Prints in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DTG pros & cons

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark

Glad the sample arrived ok and it fits well.

With DTG the t-shirt can make a big difference, whenever I have someone in for a demo I always make sure they bring the T-shirts they use with them for testing.

Ricky
    Xpres

Quote Originally Posted by mr-gobby View Post
    I have here a sample skull one that Ricky sent me guys and gals. Visually it's very crisp and bright and even fits me nice :) good feel/hand that is not too thick or thin. The T shirt is an Xpres Vanilla in black that is relatively thin but feels nice. I wondered what other brands have been tried and tested and how do they compare/perform? We all use the regular Gildan & FOTL with some Russell, Sol, T Jays etc so are there some that don't work so well? There is an outline around the sides presumably from the pretreat heat press curing, probably disappear after a wash but I'll give it some wear first then some washes and see how it holds up. Thanks Ricky for the quick service, I only asked yesterday afternoon. It's something you need to have a market to go to with which will keep the equipment ticking over I think. So as well as machinery it's business and marketing that is required as well as some practice I'm sure. Artwork wise I assume just a decent vector file will print, no faff like in screen printing with of seperations for screens/colours and so on.

Regards
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricky@Xpres, do you know of any new "entry level" printers due for release this year such as perhaps a variation on the BT-12 with larger print area?

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    HI Chonz

Not that I am aware of.

For white shirts the Roland is the cheapest option.

Ricky
    Xpres
    Quote Originally Posted by chonz View Post
    Ricky@Xpres, do you know of any new "entry level" printers due for release this year such as perhaps a variation on the BT-12 with larger print area?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky@Xpres View Post
    HI Chonz

Not that I am aware of.

For white shirts the Roland is the cheapest option.

Ricky
    Xpres
    Thanks.

Which would you say was better for light shirts: heat transfer (pigment) or DTG in terms of quality and washability?

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Chonz

As you are based in Nottingham I would recommend you pop in for a visit so you can see the different options available to you. Its hard for me to say what option is best without an understanding of what you are looking to produce.

Both Heat transfer and DTG have pro's and con's, it will depend on your budget and what quality is suitable for your customer base.

Ricky
    Xpres

Quote Originally Posted by chonz View Post
    Thanks.

Which would you say was better for light shirts: heat transfer (pigment) or DTG in terms of quality and washability?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky@Xpres View Post
    Hi Chonz

As you are based in Nottingham I would recommend you pop in for a visit so you can see the different options available to you. Its hard for me to say what option is best without an understanding of what you are looking to produce.

Both Heat transfer and DTG have pro's and con's, it will depend on your budget and what quality is suitable for your customer base.

Ricky
    Xpres
    I've been speaking with Adam so I shall do that.