Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Is it worth upgrading Cameo to Cameo 3
    By Mikejohno1 in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-05-2019, 11:29 AM
  2. Is it worth upgrading from A4 to A3 Richo printer
    By Reading-Print in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-04-2016, 06:25 PM
  3. upgrading my laptop O/S to W8 Pro
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 01:17 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 10:11 PM
  5. For Sale SENKO CAP PRESS plus plate press and newstar 40 vinyl plotter cutter
    By letsgo in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-10-2012, 12:07 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Upgrading my mug press

I started my business just a few months ago, using a Freesub double mug press for mugs. It's the only mug press I've ever used and through lots of trial and error got it to work perfectly for my needs. I'm now in a position where I've got greater demand and would like to upgrade to a setup that will better facilitate that. I have quite a few options available to me so would appreciate any input! The only "limitation" is that my greatest demand is for enamel mugs, which offer their own complications. For one thing, although my press is a double press, I can only do one enamel mug at a time in it because I need to use part of the other side to put in another mug to even out the pressure. My options as I see them (but I welcome any other sensible ones!) are:

1. Buy this 5 in 1 press https://signzworld.co.uk/shop/mug-he...t-oncemp105x5/ which will enable me to do five mugs at once. I'm struggling to find many reviews for this specific model and am hesitant because of the price - it seems a bit too good to be true so I'm second guessing the quality of output. Does anyone have any experience of this press?

2. Buy mug wraps and use the oven that I have available in my studio. It's currently only used to bake decals on the bottom of the mugs. However I've never used it for sublimation before and am unsure if I'd get the same quality of print as from a press, and how much trial and error it would take to figure out timings for 1 versus let's say 10 mugs. Is this a factor that I should be considering? I'm also concerned that a mug wrap may not fit an enamel mug very well because as far as I can see, they seem to be made for ceramics. I've also read something about them possibly chipping the enamel - is it an option I should stay away from for this reason?

3. Buy another one or two of the Bestsub press I already have because it's what I know and I've figured out the best timings, etc for me.

I'd really appreciate any insight that any of you may be able to offer. I tend to overthink things at the best of times so my brain's working overdrive thinking about every possible scenario at the moment!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We use a bank of the following (same wrap for enamel / 10oz mugs which we print hundreds each month of) although second hand versions can be purchased normally for around £100-£150
    https://www.xpres.co.uk/p-7949-studi...ess-xpres.aspx
    Solid build, UK support.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

Figgy (08-01-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I have the 5 mug press from signzworld. (dont forget your discount if your a premium member)
    Its ok and works well. I've had mine 2-3 years and it takes alot of crap. Ive done 3 replacement elements in that time. so 2 are still originals.
    When it came a few bits were loose, so a quick go over with a screw driver and all was good. It took a little adjustment of heat and time but its now great.

As for Quality - it all depend if your using top grade mugs, paper and inks
    Im more than happy with how my mugs come out compared to some others locally. but i have also seen others much better than mine.

Bottom line is value for money its great.

If you want to see / try before you buy one your welcome to come see mine and try a print on your mug in the press, I'm Maidenhead Berkshire.

I cant comment on a oven as I don't have one and have never used one.

Hope that helps
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, that's really helpful and very kind of you to offer me a go on yours but I'm not going to be going that way any time soon and it's quite a way to go. I'm hoping to check out Printwear and Promotion Live next week and Signzworld isn't far from there so I think I'll see if I can swing by and have a look whilst I'm in the area. I'm using pretty good quality mugs and Sublijet HD inks with a Sawgrass SG800 and S-Race paper so definitely could have worse quality all round. I'm very fussy about my finished product though - my own worst critic! I think for the price, the 5 mug press is worth giving a chance. It's not like my existing press is top of the range and I'm getting good results with it. If I don't have much luck I'll have to think about spending a bit more on the Studio Mug Press!