Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Oki White and T.One
    By GoonerGary in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-12-2018, 06:38 PM
  2. sublimation white spot issue on white polyester shirts
    By paul 44 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 02:40 AM
  3. Mug white not quite white
    By Johnellisimages in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-11-2016, 05:59 PM
  4. White sub Tee that's not see through?
    By Wisey11 in forum Clothing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-09-2015, 08:03 PM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 05:27 PM
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OKI White new or used?

I’m considering an OKI white but not sure if I’m going for a new or used printer.

Any advice either way?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which ever one you go for make sure you get a RIP program, its invaluable. You cannot work properly without it. If it the Forever RIP then you can rasterise the logo without the need of doing it in Photoshop.
    I bought my new Oki 8234 last August and since then Ive printed around 250 sweats, t-shirts etc. The 1,000 pounds you might save buying second hand will be made up through lack of training and support if you buy new. ( My opinion).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

kermit (14-01-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup, there is a lot of learning to do. Magic Touch will probably train you on use of their WOW papers even if you didn't buy their machine, BUT - then you wouldn't have their SPACECONTROL rip .... so would need to buy....
    Magic Touch offer great tech support & training, because they want you to be successful & use a lot of their papers.
    The user changeable parts, toner/fusers/transfer belt, fuser unit are really costly, so second hand, you may need to buy a lot of consumables really soon, - which could almost add upto the cost of new anyhow... and without the training !
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (14-01-2020), kermit (14-01-2020), Paul (14-01-2020)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Earl Smith & logobear. Looking like a call to The Magic Touch for a new one. I’ve bought equipment from them in the past & the service has been great since.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Which ever one you go for make sure you get a RIP program, its invaluable. You cannot work properly without it. If it the Forever RIP then you can rasterise the logo without the need of doing it in Photoshop.
    I bought my new Oki 8234 last August and since then Ive printed around 250 sweats, t-shirts etc. The 1,000 pounds you might save buying second hand will be made up through lack of training and support if you buy new. ( My opinion).
    Hi Earl Smith!

The other day at an expo, I saw pretty good prints on t-shirt that made with Forever and Shockline's white toner sheets.

So, is there any progress in permanence compared to before?

If not, do the crackings and peelings appear after washings, same as before?

Is there anybody who is pleased with washing strenght of these sheets?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I understand what you are asking.
    The papers that we have these days are much better than the ones we bought three or four years ago. The wow7.8 is miles better than the 7.7 paper.
    I use the Forever papers with the Transfer RIP from forever. The RIP has a feature where it puts a distress in the image. A bit like halftones so the image is made up of hundreds of little dots, just like you see in a newspaper print. This enables the image to let the water through when its washed so it stays on the t-shirt. It also gives a softer feel and uses less toner. In this RIP you can control the amount of white toner that is printed and layered onto the back of the print. You need to look at the videos on Youtube to see how it works.
    I dont know how the Space control works from TMT but I think it does something similar.
    Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    I think I understand what you are asking.
    The papers that we have these days are much better than the ones we bought three or four years ago. The wow7.8 is miles better than the 7.7 paper.
    I use the Forever papers with the Transfer RIP from forever. The RIP has a feature where it puts a distress in the image. A bit like halftones so the image is made up of hundreds of little dots, just like you see in a newspaper print. This enables the image to let the water through when its washed so it stays on the t-shirt. It also gives a softer feel and uses less toner. In this RIP you can control the amount of white toner that is printed and layered onto the back of the print. You need to look at the videos on Youtube to see how it works.
    I dont know how the Space control works from TMT but I think it does something similar.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the respond.

Can I learn the washing test results?

How many washings are necessary for arising the print?

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive washed mine around 20 times with no effect on the print. Forever say 40 and still good. But you need to Raster the image properly so the water will "flow" through he image when washed and not be pulled off in the washing machine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl Smith For This Useful Post:

magiclove26 (29-01-2020)