Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Pricing help please.
    By Fletcher in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2018, 12:52 PM
  2. Pricing help
    By Dave271069 in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-03-2016, 04:34 PM
  3. Pricing
    By A11kns in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2015, 09:04 PM
  4. Mug pricing
    By Tryweryn in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 28-01-2013, 12:05 PM
  5. Pricing
    By leethesign in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 26-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RRP pricing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about asking for extras with the package. It may be the same model but the supplier may be able to throw in some papers, inks, substrates to print on.
    Also are you a member on here as you may be able to make some savings by using the discount that some suppliers offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    I suspect you are referring to the Adkins beta maxi which is £1195 from all suppliers. (plus vat)
    It's a great press, that's the price you pay.
    Alternative is but one off ebay for £400 to £600ish (zero vat), then send it back to Adkins for a full refurb for £250 + vat + carriage. get one good as new, thou takes a few weeks to get done and save a bit.
    I wasn't referring to any specific product.
    I've noticed the same products being sold for the same price from different vendors.
    So, it's not the price as such; it's knowing that the price I would have to pay for quality is artificially high.
    It harms everyone.
    The chap sitting in the manufacturer's office saying to the dealers, "sell X product at Y price, or else we won't let you sell them", thinks he is being smart because he's screwing the customer for £Z+ per sale, but in reality, he's losing sales, then one day a foreign import comes in which has the same quality as his products but costs 1/3 of the amount, and he loses his business.

Anyway......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    What about asking for extras with the package. It may be the same model but the supplier may be able to throw in some papers, inks, substrates to print on.
    Also are you a member on here as you may be able to make some savings by using the discount that some suppliers offer.
    I was thinking about doing that, but I was also thinking that if the selling price was being fixed and was therefore artificially high, then the price at which the manufacturer was selling the product to the dealer would also be artificially high, meaning that the freebies would come out of the dealer's margin without the manufacturer taking any kind of hit on the artificially high price he was selling to the dealer for...... if that makes sense.

Anyway, it's been an interesting phenomenon to witness.
    Now I know why I see those very expensive SUVs parked outside B2B factories on industrial estates, and why those expensive cars won't be there 15 years from now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chonz View Post

Can't the manufacturer just sell the product to the distributor, then the distributor can charge what they like? Or even do a drop-shipping arrangement?

No. What would then happen is that Amazon would ultimately be the only supplier, and that is in no ones interest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    No. What would then happen is that Amazon would ultimately be the only supplier, and that is in no ones interest.
    Well, if the distributor wanted to put the products on Amazon as well as their own website, then fine.
    What I'm talking about is price-fixing, not through which website they are sold.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much price competition is not good for any business - any clown can give it away, but that doesn't lead to a sustainable market place. My point about Amazon is that it is the natural end result of a race to the bottom, price wise, not a comment on the marketing strategy. The brand will loose much of its dealer network, and service network will follow. And then we all loose.

There are plenty of presses at all price points, so there is something to fit any budget. If a brand owner wants to possition their product at a particular place in the market then that is their prerogitive - they are allowing the dealer network a slice of their margin. There is more money for them to be made by cutting out the dealer and selling direct to the end user. Look at Dyson for example. They now sell direct to the consumer, with only a limited number of dealers.

Price 'fixing' on machinary isn't that significant. A press is an irregular purchase and by tomorrow you will have forgotten that you have paid £50 'too much'. There is plenty of competition on consumables and imprintables, which is where our profit lies.
    Last edited by pw66; 17-01-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm suggesting wouldn't involve Amazon.

What I'm saying is that when you are looking for something to buy, to see it at the same price everywhere makes you think, "We are getting shafted".

Imagine if you wanted to buy a pack of cornflakes and they were £10 in each supermarket you visited. You'd start to think that something was amiss.

I agree with you about the consumables. There, I see competition.

I'm hoping that blank mug manufacturers don't band together and insist that the suppliers start selling their mugs for £3 apiece, or else

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do understand your point and frustration and not having a pop as I think your just having a grumpy day (I have them most days too) but resale price maintenance doesn't (always) mean you are being shafted. The market will (to a degree) determine the price or value of something so if Cornflakes were £10 people can choose another breakfast cereal. Ironically then Waitrose Sainsburys and Tesco will all sell certain things for the same price but many of us choose to shop regularly in only one of them for a number of none price related reasons, so choice isn't always price based (though I'll admit I shop in Lidl for the bulk of our family consumables!). Imagine if the biggest players however were given the means to eliminate competitors by simply dropping price, then you really would get shafted and not only on price but choice, I think that is the amazon point made earlier.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr-gobby For This Useful Post:

GermanDyeSub (18-01-2020), pw66 (21-01-2020)