Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Prints are not taking all the ink when I print to fabrics
    By marzy in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-07-2018, 02:59 PM
  2. Sawgrass SG800 error 28114 error. Dodgy ink
    By kiko90 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2018, 11:47 AM
  3. Printing on embossed fabrics
    By justpersonalised in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2017, 05:29 PM
  4. Glitter Spray Paints for fabrics.
    By GoldRapt in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-06-2013, 09:32 AM
  5. polyester fabrics supplier
    By kris_hm in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 03:14 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheap Polyester fabrics for Try and Error

Hi,
    do you have some recommendations for cheap polyester fabric that i can use for getting the correct temperature and time settings? On amazon they sell Polyester Satin fabric per meter, maybe that can be used? Some shops offer microfibre towels for sublimation for pretty high prices per piece, i would be broke in a few days when i buy those.
    Are there any cheap mugs available for the same purpose?

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    white pol sating lining fabric - you need to look for a wholesale generic fabric wholesaler, not a sublimation supplier. Should be able to get it for £0.50-1.00 per metre on the roll. So for a 50 metre roll, you're looking at £50 and it you're just using it for testing, it will last you forever!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pisquee View Post
    white pol sating lining fabric - you need to look for a wholesale generic fabric wholesaler, not a sublimation supplier. Should be able to get it for £0.50-1.00 per metre on the roll. So for a 50 metre roll, you're looking at £50 and it you're just using it for testing, it will last you forever!
    I found one for 2 Euro per metre in plain white 100% polyester sating but strangely it says dont iron it or wash it over 30 degree Celsius, i mean how could this withstand 170-200 Celsius then?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry about that.
    Most polyester technical fabric t-shrts have a 30 or 40 degree wash max - they still sublimate ok. I sub at 205c.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daninho View Post
    Hi,
    do you have some recommendations for cheap polyester fabric that i can use for getting the correct temperature and time settings? On amazon they sell Polyester Satin fabric per meter, maybe that can be used? Some shops offer microfibre towels for sublimation for pretty high prices per piece, i would be broke in a few days when i buy those.
    Are there any cheap mugs available for the same purpose?
    Xpres do a wided range of poly-based fabrics from starting at less than £2 per metre, as well as swatches featuring the whole range which you can have a play with.
    Just keep in mind that the temps and timings will vary a bit between the different types.

The same goes for mugs. Each will differ depending on the manufacturer and coating, as well as the paper, ink and press/oven used.
    Wherever possible, I would recommend practicing on the actual items you plan to sell, as it's often cheaper in the long run. - If you ask nicely, some suppliers will send you a sample or two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    Xpres do a wided range of poly-based fabrics from starting at less than £2 per metre, as well as swatches featuring the whole range which you can have a play with.
    Just keep in mind that the temps and timings will vary a bit between the different types.

The same goes for mugs. Each will differ depending on the manufacturer and coating, as well as the paper, ink and press/oven used.
    Wherever possible, I would recommend practicing on the actual items you plan to sell, as it's often cheaper in the long run. - If you ask nicely, some suppliers will send you a sample or two.
    Thank you for the suggestions, i ordered the products you mentioned from amazon now, its high gloss sating 100% polyester and a not glossy one from another seller, both in plain white. Both fabrics claim not wash over 30 degree celsius and no ironing, i will see how that turns out. Is it recommended to put some printer paper over the sublimation paper and under the fabric to prevent my heat press getting dirty? What paper is best to use for that? In many videos i watched say claimed not to use teflon sheets for sublimation.

I dont plan to sell anything, its more or less because i already own a heat pess and a plotter for hobby use, i am just curious how things work. Others go to restaurants for that money and i have fun in experimenting a bit. If its a success i can also make gift or print some hirts for my 4 year old nephew.