Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Taking our first steps
    By matzy in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2015, 01:57 PM
  2. 2 steps away from -
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24-02-2013, 12:25 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Et-2720 first steps after unboxing

Hi,
    i will receive the ET-2720 tomorrow as the ET-2710 was sold out. The Sublinova ink and the paper from inkexperts.uk will also arrive tomorrow. Now the problem is that the sublinova ink comes in bottles not suited for the ET-2720 models because as many know the newer Ecotank models using special nozzles on the ink bottles. I found a shop which sells empty Ecotank bottles for refilling but now i am not sure anymore if they will fit because in a youtube video i saw an ecotank with "color coded" nozzles, like you can not put the black bottle on the blue ecotank nozzle but my empty bottles look all the same to me, so that could be a problem. Is there another way to refill the new ecotank printers with normal bottles? I am concerned that i might put air into the system because of all the refilling. Are the first steps with the printer identical to normal ink? Like i saw in a video that you have to push a key for starting the pump inside the printer, for sucking in all the ink to the printheads when you first start it.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Ahhh, yes with the newer Ecotank bottles we fill them using a syringe and needle. No need to worry about air in the ink tank the air rises to the top and vents out. Had we known I would of happily put some in with your order :( if you can get hold of some 10ml syringes and metal needles they work a treat for filling the ink tanks.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 213533 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    .uk

10% discount on Sublimation Supplies for Dye Sub Forum Premium Members

3. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExperts For This Useful Post:

Daninho (07-02-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes i already orderer syrings yesterday but they are 60ml with a dull metal cannula as a tip. I hope they will fit trough but they are only if my emtpy ecotank bottles wont work and i think they will work because they have a universal nozzle, that fits on all colors.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    If the needle is less than 2mm diameter it will fit in the gap on the ecotank top and all should be good.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    | 01902 213533 |
    .uk

10% discount on Sublimation Supplies for Dye Sub Forum Premium Members

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes its 1.2mm according to amazon but its on the shorter side with 3.8cm. This could be also a good way to suck ink from the tanks if something is wrong with the printer and it need to be cleaned and flushed but in that case with a much longer cannula. I will write you a mail as you suggested regarding the ICC profile

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InkExperts View Post
    If the needle is less than 2mm diameter it will fit in the gap on the ecotank top and all should be good.

Alex
    Thanks you, everything worked well. Since i dont have any Polyester fabric i wasnt able to test sublimation for the first time but the printer works well so far on normal paper. I even checked your ICC Profil just because i was curious and the ICC from sublisplash and some others for Epson printers but different inks. What i can say is with the original Epson color management it looked similar to the screen but i guess thats normal since the color change during sublimation? All profiles and even the Epson have problems with blue, its kind of purple most of the time on paper.