Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Novachrome Mug Press
    By LauraMargaret in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-01-2020, 11:52 AM
  2. Anybody else use Novachrome?
    By JMugs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-10-2016, 11:16 AM
  3. Novachrome Deep Impact 20" x 15" Heat press problem ..
    By Volusian in forum Heat Presses
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 09:54 PM
  4. Novachrome swing press
    By JMugs in forum Heat Presses
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 10:24 PM
  5. Novachrome Mug Press test against Xpres Mug press
    By Zipdorf in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The image produced is superb ;)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteajunkie View Post
    The image produced is superb ;)
    I am tempted to give it a try, well the freesub version of it because its actually the cheapest of the bunch and i could spend the rest in mugs and a decent paper guillotine. I already spend 70 Euro for Stahls teflon protector in 40x50 for my bottom plate which is insane if you think about it. Its like 2 Euro of material

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use truepix paper and sublinova inks my mugs are the orca coated from mdp.

So far this is the best setup I have found and the only thing I would change would be the paper if I had to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i bought the sublinova as well and i have the Versa paper from ink experts and the S-Race paper, will try my first press tomorrow on polyester fabric. When the shipping costs are not to high i will order my mugs from the UK from xpres because there are recommended here, otherwise i will go for the print equipment duraglaze ones here in germany, they are expensive but very popular here. What about the black with the sublinova ink and the colors? I originally wanted suplisplash but i decided it is to much for just a hobby. Whats interesting is that suplisplash recommended to choose semi gloss paper and normal print quality in the printer driver, pretty strange because most other recommend normal paper and high print quality. Do you use the ICC profile from ink experts as well? I just printed some pictures on normal paper because i was interested how it looks and the epson standard color profile was actually the best on paper, i guess this will change after its pressed, i hope so :)
    Last edited by Daninho; 12-02-2020 at 11:43 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I was using standard settings but have started using an icc profile for more detailed prints.
    blacks come out black and crisp nothing like the blacks from my last inks which were dull.

If I get chance I will take some pictures of a mug or two and a T-shirt.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteajunkie For This Useful Post:

logodigitizing (13-02-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would be nice because it seems you have a very similar setup, an epson ecotank as well i guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteajunkie View Post
    It does start to countdown as soon as you close the press yes.

How I have overcome this.
    I set the temperature to 180*C and time to 200 sec.
    I allow the press to heat to temp and it will beep to let you know it’s at the right temp.
    I then put on the mug and close and that’s when my 200 sec starts.
    Removed after the 200 sec I get a perfect print every time.

if I’m doing a batch I allow the temp to hit the 180*c again before I add the next mug.
    200 seconds later another perfect mug.
    Hi there!
    I know this is an old thread but I was scrolling trying to find help with the MDP mug press I just started using (previously used an oven and this is my first mug press) and you seem to be pretty experienced with it so I was hoping you might be able to help on the off chance you might see this : )
    I have been doing some pressing today with not a lot of luck so far, but I'm not quite sure where I'm going wrong. I use the ceramic camper mugs with the lip on from MDP and presumed I should be leaving the lip outside of the press, however the font is very faded at the top of the mug. The rest of the mug is coming out slightly blurry and just not crisp.

MDP suggest 190 for 60 seconds when the press has hit the right temp but that seems to be way to short a time.
    I have tried your suggestion of 180 for 200seconds, and even gone up in stages to 200 for 190 seconds and I'm still getting blurry images with fading at the top.
    I noticed that you said when your press reaches the temp set it beeps but mine doesn't do that for some reason, so I have just been waiting for it to show it on the screen and then putting it in.
    I just wanted to see if I could find any advice at all before I blow through anymore mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried applying more pressure?
    otherwise the blanket may not be reaching the top of the mug.

i use 180c and 180seconds And wait for the press to reach temp then insert mug and close.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F6901285-E660-4B44-9770-00D420BC17B2.jpgI only tried increasing it slightly because I was worried about it being too tight. When I close the press around a mug one of the springs slides open and the clamp doesn't close straight but more conical like in a latte shape (it's definitely the right element though) I thought it might have been that the screws were too loose so I tightened them but it didn't make a difference

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmySquirrels View Post
    F6901285-E660-4B44-9770-00D420BC17B2.jpgI only tried increasing it slightly because I was worried about it being too tight. When I close the press around a mug one of the springs slides open and the clamp doesn't close straight but more conical like in a latte shape (it's definitely the right element though) I thought it might have been that the screws were too loose so I tightened them but it didn't make a difference

Hello Amy,

How are you getting on with the MDP mug press. Did you manage to find a solution?

I am on the verge of purchasing an MDP mug press and interested to know what it is liketo work with.