Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Novachrome Mug Press
    By LauraMargaret in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-01-2020, 11:52 AM
  2. Anybody else use Novachrome?
    By JMugs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-10-2016, 11:16 AM
  3. Novachrome Deep Impact 20" x 15" Heat press problem ..
    By Volusian in forum Heat Presses
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 09:54 PM
  4. Novachrome swing press
    By JMugs in forum Heat Presses
    Last Post: 28-04-2013, 10:24 PM
  5. Novachrome Mug Press test against Xpres Mug press
    By Zipdorf in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBlack View Post
    Hello Amy,

How are you getting on with the MDP mug press. Did you manage to find a solution?

I am on the verge of purchasing an MDP mug press and interested to know what it is liketo work with.
    Hi there!
    sorry for the late reply, I don't know if you've already bought one now already but yes after a long few weeks and about a hundred mugs later it's just about sorted �� the first and second elements were faulty and that got sorted but there were still a few pressing issues and mugs being in for a really long time at really high temps and still not printing properly. In the end I drove the hours trip to MDP who tested some mugs in it for me. We came to the conclusion that certain mugs like the black rimmed ones I use, as well as the enamel must just need a high temp and long press time because they couldn't find a problem with the press itself. I have to press at 210degrees for 500 seconds- which is wildly different from the 190 for 60 seconds which they assured should be getting the job done �� I am overall happy with the press now although I have still yet to perfect the enamel mugs in it which is driving me crazy but I'm hoping I'll get there in the end!

I will say this though. I would recommend getting any machinery your on the fence about from MDP because their customer service is second to none and they are so good at what they do, they always get back to you really quickly and if you have an issue with it they will always make sure it gets resolved!
    Last edited by AmySquirrels; 10-08-2020 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AmySquirrels For This Useful Post:

ElevenBlack (11-08-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Over 8 mins at 210 for enamel? Sorry to jump into thread without reading all posts but that is ludicrous. I hope the paper doesn't catch light as that is serious burn time on metal. We use MDP for enamel and perfect results at 170c and 190s. The ceramic camping mugs from mdp we have just ditched as coating we are finding too temperamental.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmySquirrels View Post
    Hi there!
    sorry for the late reply, I don't know if you've already bought one now already but yes after a long few weeks and about a hundred mugs later it's just about sorted �� the first and second elements were faulty and that got sorted but there were still a few pressing issues and mugs being in for a really long time at really high temps and still not printing properly. In the end I drove the hours trip to MDP who tested some mugs in it for me. We came to the conclusion that certain mugs like the black rimmed ones I use, as well as the enamel must just need a high temp and long press time because they couldn't find a problem with the press itself. I have to press at 210degrees for 500 seconds- which is wildly different from the 190 for 60 seconds which they assured should be getting the job done �� I am overall happy with the press now although I have still yet to perfect the enamel mugs in it which is driving me crazy but I'm hoping I'll get there in the end!

I will say this though. I would recommend getting any machinery your on the fence about from MDP because their customer service is second to none and they are so good at what they do, they always get back to you really quickly and if you have an issue with it they will always make sure it gets resolved!
    Thanks for the reply.

I havent bought the press yet as Im getting my work space ready. Regarding MDP, thats good to know. I was thinking about driving to their warehouse in Tilbury for a demo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Over 8 mins at 210 for enamel? Sorry to jump into thread without reading all posts but that is ludicrous. I hope the paper doesn't catch light as that is serious burn time on metal. We use MDP for enamel and perfect results at 170c and 190s. The ceramic camping mugs from mdp we have just ditched as coating we are finding too temperamental.
    I know, it is absolutely ludicrous and I just cannot understand why on Earth they would need so long.. I am still not convinced to be honest that something isn't right with the press. Yes the ceramic mugs I have just been having an absolute nightmare with, I thought I'd cracked it after the trip to MDP but I'm getting really sketchy results AGAIN now! 200 degrees seems too hot and they come out blurry but dropping the temp below 200 literally means the mugs have to be in the press for 800 seconds!! And even then I'm still getting fading. I just am so sick of going through mug after mug trying to find the right setting. Do you remember what setting you were using for them? I think I'm going to call MDP on Monday and see if they'll exchange the press because I'm back at my wits end again

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having issues with the mug press from MDP and going in to see them today about it. The white lining on the mug element has come away and puffs up when heating up and slight smoke coming from the side? Hopefully they'll replace that part. But did waste 25 mugs doing a job for 72 thinking it was my inexperience. Using xpres 5013 mugs too as I found on this forum they were the ones to go for.

The xpres x5013 mugs aren't perfect having tried 4x boxes. A few I managed to press an image top to bottom leaving a couple of mm gap but now I have to increase the gap as I have the ink not transfering properly near the bottom due to slight rippling of the surface of the mug.

I told MDP about the wastage of cups with their press and they gave me 6x cups to test which was nice of them and to bring press in if I'm still having problems. (Great customer service). I noticed their cups were more uniform and smooth from top to bottom.

Current press solution that works for me:
    5mm gap at bottom of mug 4mm top
    pre-heat bottom half of mug 25s 180c
    press 185c 180s turning mug around half way
    pressure - tighten until the mug is held so it isn't easily moved by the handle

7. The Following User Says Thank You to extrachewy2003 For This Useful Post:

ElevenBlack (24-08-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by extrachewy2003 View Post
    I'm having issues with the mug press from MDP and going in to see them today about it. The white lining on the mug element has come away and puffs up when heating up and slight smoke coming from the side? Hopefully they'll replace that part. But did waste 25 mugs doing a job for 72 thinking it was my inexperience. Using xpres 5013 mugs too as I found on this forum they were the ones to go for.

The xpres x5013 mugs aren't perfect having tried 4x boxes. A few I managed to press an image top to bottom leaving a couple of mm gap but now I have to increase the gap as I have the ink not transfering properly near the bottom due to slight rippling of the surface of the mug.

I told MDP about the wastage of cups with their press and they gave me 6x cups to test which was nice of them and to bring press in if I'm still having problems. (Great customer service). I noticed their cups were more uniform and smooth from top to bottom.

Current press solution that works for me:
    5mm gap at bottom of mug 4mm top
    pre-heat bottom half of mug 25s 180c
    press 185c 180s turning mug around half way
    pressure - tighten until the mug is held so it isn't easily moved by the handle
    Hello mate,

I set up my my MDP press today and used the settings suggested by Mr Tea Junkie. You'll find the settings in this thread:

https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforu...rome-mug-press

The first prints I produced were quite impressive. I'll be trying different designs and see how they look

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't get to see anyone at MDP today as they were short staffed. The print's I was getting were either perfect or ink not fusing where the mug surface dips ever so slightly near bottom of mug or the ink didn't fuse on the left end of the mug as it seems the element didn't heat up evenly to the left side.

If you look at the pics the element/sleeve had creases in it too. So hopefully when I go again they can give me a replacement.
    20200824_132533.jpg20200824_132544.jpg20200824_132550.jpg
    Last edited by extrachewy2003; 24-08-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by extrachewy2003 View Post
    Didn't get to see anyone at MDP today as they were short staffed. The print's I was getting were either perfect or ink not fusing where the mug surface dips ever so slightly near bottom of mug or the ink didn't fuse on the left end of the mug as it seems the element didn't heat up evenly to the left side.

If you look at the pics the element/sleeve had creases in it too. So hopefully when I go again they can give me a replacement.
    20200824_132533.jpg20200824_132544.jpg20200824_132550.jpg
    That element is dead :(
    I have had a few go like that.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought so, only had it a few weeks. Gonna see if MDP will replace and pick up a spare too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep two spares as the element seems to fail quite a lot.
    they are good though they have replaced them every time.

on a plus note they are only £18 to replace too.