Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Images fading at edge of mug
    By Nige78 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-04-2016, 09:42 AM
  2. Fading... help!
    By mugg in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-01-2016, 09:50 PM
  3. Slight fading
    By viccar in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2015, 10:33 AM
  4. Fading at the base of mugs
    By Jollyware in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-08-2015, 03:00 PM
  5. Fading on right of mug
    By meldean in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I heat my press up to 180 with a blank mug in then remove the blank and replace with the wrapped mug. The temp immediately drops back into the 150 to 160 range so I let it come back up to 180 before triggering the timer, which I have set at 200 secs.

Fumes are common with a new press and will die off after you've used it for a while.
    thanks for that information, now i am totally confused because that is the first time i have heard such settings. The common time settings on youtube and in the forums were 180c and 180-200 sec complete pressing time or 60-70 seconds after the mug reached 180-200C. 200 seconds after the mug reached 180C is like 5-6 minutes complete pressing time, are you sure? I get burning marks and slightly brownish blacks when i go for 70 seconds after the mug reached 180C which converts to 257 seconds in total pressing time
    Last edited by Daninho; 22-02-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I experimented alot with different temperature settings today and i could get rid of the slight fading at the bottom, cracking! However i think an oven is superior to a mug press because if you look very closely on your sublimated image in a certain angle you can actually see the pattern of the heating tubes, i think this is the downside of a mug press, it can not distribute the heat as even as an oven. I tested another 4 mugs today and i think i have found my setting and will stop from there and try the ofen next week.

Here are the results, one mug had a bad print line because i cuttet the paper not properly. This can be solved with a white borderline to your image, i havent figured out how you can cut images on affinity designer. On the left is the mug from yesterday with the faded bottom. The next two mugs were all without fading, the different settings of the two mugs had no influence on the image at all, strange. IMG_3436.jpg

Member Mini KickUps Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realise this is an older post. I always let the ink dry fully before applying the designs to our mugs, if you are getting fading, there is a good chance that the pressure you are using isn't even or enough. You can try pushing on the handle of the press to increase the pressure while its sublimating to see if it improves the sharpness and coverage. If it does increase your pressure permanently. You can check the pressure of your mug press by sticking pieces of paper strips all around the edges of your mug while clamped and see if you can pull them out in various places?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't need excess pressure to print, as long as the transfer has a good tight fit its the heat and time. Too much pressure will result in element marks in your print.
    Fading is most often down to the mug not being straight.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!