Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. SG400 Colour printing issues
    By Littlepop61 in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2020, 06:38 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-12-2019, 06:31 PM
  3. SG400 print quality
    By michaelc in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2019, 06:50 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 05:22 PM
  5. Print CMYK test in margin of print (Photoshop)
    By pisquee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29-06-2014, 10:36 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy SG400 and VPM software Print Margin issues

I am having major issues with the Sawgrass SG400 VPM software

Using 3.5 x 9.125 mug printer paper

If I print from Photoshop in Windows it prints exactly as the image is in Photoshop and I get a .125 margin on all 4 edges of the printout.Leaving a printable area of 8.875 x 3.25

If I print from my Mac using the Hot Folder or opening the file in VPM I get a .1875 margin across the top and bottom (long side) and a .4375 margin on the left and right on the printout.
    Leaving a printable area of 8.25 x 3.125
    It also reduces the size of the image and moves it inward.

The problem comes in when printing mug wraps for black mugs as the print out from my Mac computer makes it so there is only 1mm of tolerance to get the mug paper over the white printable area on the black mug (this is basically impossible and results in a white horizontal line at the top or bottom.

The VPM software also seems to detect the size of the paper wrong. And puts it at 3.49 and 9.11 (this seems to be a rounding error within the software) along with the margins being an error with the software as well.

It appears the driver has some major issues.. Has anyone else experienced this and were you able to get around it ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I don't use Mac or Sawgrass VPM, but you may want to take a look here ...

https://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforu...g-correct-size

Doesn't look good. You could always try contacting Sawgrass and asking them to sort out the issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have contacted Sawgrass after 3 weeks of going back and forth they elevated me to the Product Support & Service Manager for North America from Sawgrass. He kicked it over to the software team who then informed him it is a know issue on Mac OS and they do not have an ETA on a fix. Would be nice if they didn't list that their printer supports MacOS if it does not work properly in it. as now my brand new MacBook Pro 16 will not work with my new SG400 printer.