Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug ovens
    By cleverprintinguk in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2017, 01:00 PM
  2. For Sale Halogen Ovens £12 each (photos)
    By Postcard in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-11-2014, 05:06 PM
  3. Halogen ovens - get in quuckly!
    By Ali P in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 11:08 PM
  4. Halogen Ovens
    By John G in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 02:48 PM
  5. Mug Ovens
    By Andrew in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halogen Ovens?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garyuk View Post
    Why do you use a halogen oven rather than a dedicated mug press? are there any actual benefits to using the oven?
    Today i found out another good reason for an oven, i experimented alot with my mug press today and this press has a very dense heating element, probably better than super cheap mug presses. I could eliminate my fading issues BUT if you look really close under a bright light you can see the pattern of the heating elements on the mug, especially in dark areas, in an oven this can never happen because the heat is evenly distributet. Thats why i think the oven gives better results, i think i made a 180 Euro mistake, thank god i could buy the 88 Euro Amazon halogen oven for 20 and a cheap silicon wrap for 10. I will test that out when it arrives next week. You dont have that fishy chemical smell as well which coats your throat and teeth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must have dropped lucky with my cheap mug press then as i dont get any patterns in the print and have no fade issues if i pre heat the mug a while. I can understand that you can print closer to the handle but i find its easier to cut the design down a little rather than get the 3D oven out

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be possible that the patterns on the paper after the press are normal and those are printer lines, will see next week when i test the oven. My oven is actually lighter than the mug press. I am very picky so i see the smallest imperfections in the image. I will see which device is superior next week.