Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

InkExperts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Torn between the two

Have honed it down to a choice of two for me printer wise:

EPSON ECOTANK L805 – PRINTER

Or

SG400 A4 Virtuoso Printer

I know I can get cheaper inks for the epson but apart from that I'm torn and would love an opinion.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See a third now, it's a [h=Epson ET2711 inc. Inktec Sublinova Inks]1[/h]
    Would anyone like to comment which would be the best out of the three? Thanks

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I purchased the 2711 from Ink Experts about 2-3 weeks ago.

Since then I reckon I have printed well over 2000 sheets from A4 to Mug Size paper.

Not had any issues, love the fact that I can fill up "on the fly" and quality is spot on.

Considerably slower than my Ricoh that it replaced (which was a solid workhorse), but speed is not really such a huge issue when it comes to dye sub printing.

My only small gripe is the amount of paper it will hold, but then again at the price it is not really a fair gripe TBH

I assume you are grabbing it from Ink Experts?
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

Tiamegz (04-03-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    L805 is the new version of the old P50 with ecotanks added, superb 6 colour printer. We've just bought one, print is great and it's faster than our 1500 (all be it pretty much the A4 version of the same) We're having pizza wheel issues but we are printing onto film so need a better profile.

SG400 is a 4 colour printer. Very reliable and you can get different inks to Sawgrass for cheaper running. Print isn't as good as 805 but it's a very solid printer.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Tiamegz (04-03-2020)

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    We supply the Ecotank L805 and ET2711 printers, they are both great machines. The L805 is a more robust printer compared to the ET2711 (better paper feed, improved print speed, improved quality due to it using 6 inks where a the ET2711 uses 4)

We have an SG400 ourselves, its a great printer. No denying that. With 3rd party inks Sawgrass have now introduced another barrier to try to prevent this by an update for VPM which causes a grid to print over designs when printed from VPM. We get around this by using alternative print software such as Photoshop.

Print for print SG400 and ET2711 are on par with each other. The L805 produces a better print on hard surfaces such as metal, glass or ceramic. On fabrics there is a small difference but not major, mainly because the fabric weave loses a lot of detail regardless of the printer.

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | 01902 213533 |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    .uk

10% discount on Sublimation Supplies for Dye Sub Forum Premium Members

8. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExperts For This Useful Post:

Tiamegz (04-03-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the ET2711 from Ink Experts and it's a good little machine.
    Prints are a little slower on the high quality setting but to be honest it's not that bad and deffinately not something you would moan about.

I have never owned sg400 so cant really compare but im more than happy with my epson and would reccomend it to anyone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteajunkie For This Useful Post:

Tiamegz (04-03-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InkExperts View Post
    We supply the Ecotank L805 and ET2711 printers, they are both great machines. The L805 is a more robust printer compared to the ET2711 (better paper feed, improved print speed, improved quality due to it using 6 inks where a the ET2711 uses 4)

We have an SG400 ourselves, its a great printer. No denying that. With 3rd party inks Sawgrass have now introduced another barrier to try to prevent this by an update for VPM which causes a grid to print over designs when printed from VPM. We get around this by using alternative print software such as Photoshop.

Print for print SG400 and ET2711 are on par with each other. The L805 produces a better print on hard surfaces such as metal, glass or ceramic. On fabrics there is a small difference but not major, mainly because the fabric weave loses a lot of detail regardless of the printer.

Alex
    L805 looks great, is there a 10% discount on this for members here? Thanks

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamegz View Post
    L805 looks great, is there a 10% discount on this for members here? Thanks
    Sadly the 10% does not apply to printer packages (but anything else you may add on - extra paper, inks, telfon sheets, etc - will all have the discount applied) - also if you do order pop us a message and we'll put a few freebies in for you anyway as you're from the forum :)

Alex
    Ink Experts ltd.
    | 01902 213533 |
    .uk

10% discount on Sublimation Supplies for Dye Sub Forum Premium Members

13. The Following User Says Thank You to InkExperts For This Useful Post:

Tiamegz (04-03-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If a beginner, the Ricoh will be easier to use, - but more costly to run.
    imho
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

15. The Following User Says Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

Tiamegz (04-03-2020)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InkExperts View Post
    Sadly the 10% does not apply to printer packages (but anything else you may add on - extra paper, inks, telfon sheets, etc - will all have the discount applied) - also if you do order pop us a message and we'll put a few freebies in for you anyway as you're from the forum :)

Alex
    Thanks will order later today.