Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Heat Element Pixmax Machine
    By MugPrint in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2019, 03:24 PM
  2. Looking for foam or other solution to prevent transfer paper lines
    By Resinman in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20-07-2017, 07:37 AM
  3. Sold heat element for skinny mugs widsor/porcelain
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-04-2012, 11:26 PM
  4. For Sale heat element for mug press
    By Paul in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-04-2012, 06:17 PM
  5. New Heat Element
    By just4yougifts in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-09-2011, 08:43 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heat element lines or printer lines?

How i can prevent or disguise the lines from the heat element on the mugs. When i look at the used sublimation paper after i pressed several mugs i can always see vertical lines, it is not really visible on the mugs later, if visible then in mainly dark areas. Or are those the now visible lines of the printer head? They are not visible on the freshly printed paper though.
    IMG_3439.jpgIMG_3438.jpgIMG_3437.jpg
    Last edited by Daninho; 22-02-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tested the oven yesterday with the 9 minutes somebody in the foum suggested for one mug but it was way to short, i nearly doubled that time for very good results. What i can say is the oven smells much much less compared to the mug press. The fumes of the ink are of course also present. The 9 minute mug were full of white dots and there was alot of ink left on the paper. The sublimation paper of the 2nd mug with the correct time looked similar to those made in the mug press BUT without the lines! So all in all i can say the Ofen is the much better solution for me. I guess the lines were indeed the tubes of the heating element which is disappointing and i feel robbed now or the lines were from the printer and disappeared because of a more even heat, i dont know.

I also noticed that the image sublimated right into the silicon wrap, i think i have to use an extra sheet the next time i do this. Now i ordered a custom ICC profil, i feel that the image is a bit dark compared to the original. I will get one for my Paper and especially for mugs and hard surfaces. After that i can compare the one from inkexperts to the custom one and keep the better profile.

So all in all i would definately favor the ofen instead of the mug press, maybe i got a faulty one or this model in particular is not good. That heat line thing is a no go and that smell. Of course microtec and signzworld were not much of a help in that regard, they offered me to switch the heating element basically against a used one because they told me that the smell will go away after some usage which can be right but then the heating element is already worn and i can use it only outside in the summer and then there is still the heating line problem. All in all i wasted 180 Euro, should have bought the ofen first but afterwards you are always smarter :)
    IMG_3448.jpg
    Last edited by Daninho; 26-02-2020 at 04:59 PM.