Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-01-2021, 11:33 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-06-2019, 12:17 PM
  3. Newbie on a lerning curve
    By Ifonly in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-05-2018, 09:41 PM
  4. newbie problems
    By Johnellisimages in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 07:22 PM
  5. Learning Curve-£10- excellent value.
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 12:43 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie Learning Curve - Problems with Subliblanks - Charity Business

Hi,

Sorry for the long post.

I'm brand new to this forum and the dyesub business in general, my background is branded workwear which use very different processes (Mimaki wide format printers / pneumatic heat presses, embroidery etc) .

I've just started a new role as business manager for a charitable enterprise helping young adults with mental health struggles giving them employment and new skills. We run an eBay business selling personalised phone cases but are facing some issues that I would really appreciate if anyone can give me direction on how to resolve these.

1. Our main supplier is Subliblanks and we are finding that many of the metal plates come with blemishes - is this usual or do I need to find a new supplier?

2. We have tried using their Subliflex cases and follow their heat application process but the finished results always have a marbling effect.

3. We just purchased their SubliRip software - does anyone offer training on this, plus is there better software out there that we should consider?

We are using an Epson ET-2600 and a fairly old basic heat press.

Any guidance and advice would be gratefully received especially if we can resolve these issues we can give more work to our clients.

Sorry for the long post.

Ben

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    hi Ben!
    If you experiencing blemishes on metal plate or marble effect, this means you have your heat press to hot, for too long for too much pressure.
    Are this effect show on the plate before you press or after?
    not sure how big is your plates but if they are no bigger than A4 try 180C for 40 seconds with VERY LOW PRESSURE. so light, that you won't feel anything when locking it down.
    it should improve or will give you a good starting point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG