Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2015, 11:25 PM
  2. Need a canvas - Square 200x200mm For me :)
    By tlworkwear in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 03:57 PM
  3. Large square slates
    By Mattie in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-05-2012, 08:41 PM
  4. Triangular/Square mugs
    By Andrew in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with digitized square

Hi! So I'm pretty new to embroidery, I mostly do pre-press work for the other departments but I've been given embroidery to figure out as well. We get our artwork digitized elsewhere, and then if it has issues I have to fix it. We use Pulse creator on a Tajima, model not sure of. The Pulse software didn't have very good training videos, IMO. I need to know if digitizing a square is difficult, and how to fix it once it doesn't turn out straight. I'll add that we get sent files in DST format. The image on the left is what the stitches in the software looked like, and the image on the right is the result. I ended up being able to mostly fix it by moving individual stitches, but is there a faster way? Is this from the fabric (this was done on a Targus backpack), the digitizing (which looked bowed), or is this a common issue with squares/rectangles?

SCREENSHOT.jpgsquare.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easiest way is send off your requirements to a digitiser, cost between £5-£15 depending who you want to use, we’ve the same software, just not worth the time really unless you’ve invested hours learning it or want to! Use it to add names occasionally else send we just send it off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Mr Gobby. Send it to a digitiser and then you will learn how its done. Look at the result that comes back and compare it to yours.
    You are missing underlay in your digitising for a start. It looks like a simple zigzag (satin)stitch so you will need zigzag under stitching and an edge stitching underlay might also be helpful. And it also might be the backing you used but as this is embroidered onto a backpack I dont think this is your problem.
    Squares and circles are often a problem. You could sew onto one Polo shirt and its perfect, the next Polo and it will be out of shape. The fabric makes a big difference.
    Your best bet is to send it out to be done by the professionals, pay 5 to 10 dollars and see how its done.
    Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I guess I didn't say that this actually was the result of sending it out, I didn't make the original, just adjusted it to end up more square. That being said it sounds like whoever we're using (that part gets done by our purchasing so I'm not sure who it is) didn't do it right?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://netdigitizing.co.uk/

I have use these guys for the last 8 years. They will do a good job for you.

Whoever did your work needs a kick in the ****.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there somewhere I can see what a square should look like underneath? Or if I autodigitize a square would it come out right? My boss wants me to vet dst's as they come in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get your boss to buy you Wilcom E4 embroidery design software and go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DorlizaC View Post
    Is there somewhere I can see what a square should look like underneath? Or if I autodigitize a square would it come out right? My boss wants me to vet dst's as they come in.
    You can see the underlay stitches in your screen shot. They are the slightly darker lines under the zig zag lines on the top. The inside circle has a very widely spaced zigzag understitch and the outer shapes have a center line understitch. The idea of the understitching is to fix the design to your underlay paper so the top stitching will be nice and clean and in shape.
    You have Pulse so you should be able to do that yourself. I don't know Pulse I work with Wilcom E4 but most quality softwares should do autodigitise with the correct understitching. Unless you have changed the default in the program.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    You can see the underlay stitches in your screen shot. They are the slightly darker lines under the zig zag lines on the top. The inside circle has a very widely spaced zigzag understitch and the outer shapes have a center line understitch. The idea of the understitching is to fix the design to your underlay paper so the top stitching will be nice and clean and in shape.
    You have Pulse so you should be able to do that yourself. I don't know Pulse I work with Wilcom E4 but most quality softwares should do autodigitise with the correct understitching. Unless you have changed the default in the program.
    Ok so I think I understand now, the square should have zigzagging in the underlay just like the circle does so that it doesn't have the ability to get distorted, or at least will look much less distorted. In fixing it would I want to add stitches or take the running stitches already there and make them zigzag the shape?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know your Pulse software but it should have an extra tab in object properties called understitch. This will automatically make the understitches for you. You need the understitches at an angle to the top stiches too. Helps keep it rigid.