Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I expecting too much?

Last September I bought an A3 Oki white printer from a reputable dealer here in Germany. Last Friday the screen went blank, lit up but no information showing. Rang my supplier who rang Oki.
    It turned out that I had not registered the printer by Oki so it is not guaranteed. I expected the supplier to do that , not me. Or to a least have told me that I had to register the printer, then I would have done it. Now I and not my supplier am having to chase around to get this printer repaired. A 4,000€ printer too.

Not good customer service. So Marco, if you are reading this, please get your team in order and offer better backup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be fighting that by writting to OKI - you can prove when the product was bought, and the guarantee should be honoured.
    Did your supplier or the documentation specify that you had to register the guarantee?

How does german consumer law apply to B2B transactions? Some EU states treat sole traders and small businesses as consumers.

Is there any credit card protection in Germany? In the UK the card company is jointly and severably liable for the product, even for sole traders.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the OKI website -
    Please note to benefit from the extended 3 year warranty your product must be registered online within 30 days of purchase. Without registration, the standard warranty period for your purchasing location applies.

Looks like you only have to register to get the extended 3 yr warrenty. how long was the standard warrenty?
    I think your supplier is taking the wee wee.

https://www.oki.com/eu/printing/supp...nty/index.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pw66 View Post
    From the OKI website -
    Please note to benefit from the extended 3 year warranty your product must be registered online within 30 days of purchase. Without registration, the standard warranty period for your purchasing location applies.

Looks like you only have to register to get the extended 3 yr warrenty. how long was the standard warrenty?
    I think your supplier is taking the wee wee.

https://www.oki.com/eu/printing/supp...nty/index.html
    These are all the things I learnt now I have a problem. Why would I look on the Oki site? I didnt buy it from them directly, I bought it from a B2B supplier. Who incidentally is one of the biggest Sublimation and printer suppliers in Europe.
    The supplier ( a salesman) came and installed the printer. We pressed some t-shirts and all worked well. We did have problems printing mugs with the Multi Trans paper and he promised to come back when he learnt how to do it. He never did.
    I have been told I have the standard 2 year warranty but the extended 3 year cannot be given as I didnt register in the first 30 days. Again, if I had know then I would have done it.
    Really annoying.
    Otherwise the printer is working well. I have no complaints. So far, since September last year I have printed around 260 t-shirts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    I have been told I have the standard 2 year warranty but the extended 3 year cannot be given as I didnt register in the first 30 days. Again, if I had know then I would have done it.

Will the two year guarantee cover your repair?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the two year guarantee cover your repair?
    Yes, the printer is only 6 months old.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    Yes, the printer is only 6 months old.
    Thats one good thing, tho you will probably have to pay the shipping to your supplier. Did you keep the box.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats one good thing, tho you will probably have to pay the shipping to your supplier. Did you keep the box.
    There is a registered repair shop just 10mins away. He has ordered the part and I will bring the printer to him when he has it.